Brian Matthew

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Brian Matthews

Postby bgohara » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:58 pm

Fenderman wrote:
bgohara wrote:Yes indeed - sorry to hear this news. Does anyone have the interview he did with Hank & Bruce around the time of the final tour - 2004? I would love to hear this again. Thanks, Bernie

I have it somewhere as i digitised all my cassettes a few years ago but i've just moved house and have no idea where they are amongst the chaos.
I digitised a lot of Sounds of the 60's tracks. Some didn't quite turn out right!

Thanks Roy - let me know if it turns up. I'd also love to hear he interview that Geoff Barker did with Hank & Bruce Round this time, if anyone has that. All the best, Bern
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Re: Brian Matthew

Postby LONGPLAYER09 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:25 pm

Bygone days, tranny round my neck chasing walls, clipping cables listening to Saturday club - great times.
Brian will be missed of course. Thanks for all you did RIP.
LONGPLAYER09

Full Real Name: Mick Annis

Postby Iain Purdon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:55 am

Here's a bit of archive Brian Matthew from the Easy Beat days

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5r8hGwS6P578Wy6FKxgk4MY/a-tribute-to-brian-matthew

As some readers know, I used to work for Radio 2 and still have contacts there. It would be wrong to go into public detail but I now understand why taking him off Sounds of the Sixties was actually their only option - also that the premature announcement of his death, although embarrassing and awkward, was understandable in the circumstances that applied on the day.
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby Fenderman » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:56 pm

I believe he was already in poor health. Just before he passed away there was news of a farewell special at Easter, will that still happen or did they not manage to record it before he died?
Fenderman

Full Real Name: Alexander Thomson

Postby Iain Purdon » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:53 pm

I don't know the answer and nor does my mole - I suspect that Brian's health issues would have prevented any recent recording. However, there is an excellent resource for such a programme online. (Including a Shads photo!)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1XhVcrnznZwRXty2WLhqqHR/voices-of-a-generation
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Previous

Return to People