Clem Cattini 80th Birthday

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Clem Cattini 80th Birthday

Postby Arpeggio » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:42 am

I was lucky enough to interview Brian at considerable length not long after he ostensibly quit the Shadows. At the time, he fully expected them to re - convene after a c.18 months or so break. I believe that he was he who said ç"They'll probably get someone like Clem Cattini in and just carry on as usual..," At the time, he did not know that Hank would effectively go solo for the following decade or so. By 2004, Brian was ready to return to the fold!! Clem Cattini has confirmed that he was informally approached about the possibility. He informed Hank and Bruce that he would be interested but with one proviso: Viz: he would not be a Brian Bennett 'clone' and he would play drums very much in his own style.
Arpeggio

Full Real Name: Rob Bradford

Postby drakula63 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Yeah, I actually remember reading Brian's comments to that effect. Can't remember where though. It may well have been your interview. Interesting. Assuming that Tony Meehan wasn't interested, then Clem would have been the only sensible choice.
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby iefje » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:18 pm

I think he was also considered by Jimmy Page to join Led Zeppelin and Shel Talmy wanted him to play on The Who's very first single, their first single under the name The Who that is.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby dave robinson » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:02 am

It is Cliff Hall, also there is Dick Plant and Ed Bicknall, former Dire Straits manager.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Previous

Return to People