Jet Harris Here I Stand/Jacqueline

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Jet Harris Here I Stand/Jacqueline

Postby mickeyboy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:24 pm

The tune that Terry ...Jet .. recorded back in 2001 Here i Stand i had the pleasure of playing it to him way back in the mid eighties, at his cottage Mafeking in Quedgeley Gloucester. I was working under the name of Mike Porterfield and had travelled to Gloucester for a weekends work. The late Norman Brodie who was also Jet's agent had given me a few gigs and i just popped in to pay his commission and Mr Harris was there too. Going back for a cuppa i met his wife Maggie and her first two boys Ben and Craig. Maggie and Jet fell in love with the tune, so much so that Muff Merfin his recording Manager wanted to feature it on The Anniversary Album. There was also talk of it being released as his comeback single. Although i wrote the tune/song.. it had lyrics too another company held the publishing rights and the ensuing situation found Muff having to back off with the recording. A lady called Jacqueline had come into Jet's life and it was originally recorded as that title on a couple of CD's. My good friend Cliff Hall had produced a superb arrangement of the tune which featured with Zoe on The Phoenix Rises. Jet loved it, and i feel to this day very honoured to have had it recorded and to still bring pleasure to many fans. Mike Cook known as Mike Porterfield
mickeyboy

Re: Jet Harris Here I Stand/Jacqueline

Postby Allclaphands » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:36 am

Very interesting of you Mike to fill in the background to this number and to my mind fair play to you
for bringing this to the attention of everyone involved in its creation and recording of which I think
you deserve recognition for all you have done and achieved involving "Here I Stand"

Pete
Some people like to ROCK, Some people like to ROLL, What do YOU like to do?
Allclaphands

Full Real Name: Peter Bryan

Postby kpmvc » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:19 pm

Mike, So pleased you wrote this piece of music and for explaining the two differing titles (although I did take a guess). Mike Beer and I recorded your piece just about a year ago after listening to Jet & Zoe playing it. It's now a regular request in our repertoire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQC-cF4pDWg. Thank you for the music as they say. Kind regards John Pearce.
Last edited by kpmvc on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kpmvc

Full Real Name: John Pearce

Postby LONGPLAYER09 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:53 pm

John, Perhaps a suitable tune for next weeks club night ?
Mick
LONGPLAYER09

Full Real Name: Mick Annis

Postby SJB » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:23 pm

Just listened to this on Utube.

Nice number. So ---- does anyone know how to get the backing track?

It's good to play and expose these numbers to keep them alive.

SJB
SJB

Full Real Name: Stuart J Best

Postby kpmvc » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Stuart, Ian Plant from the Warwick Club is your man to ask about the BT. Regards John
kpmvc

Full Real Name: John Pearce

Return to People