RIP Ken Rowley

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

RIP Ken Rowley

Postby tommybird » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:39 am

It is with great sadness I have to report the passing of KEN ROWLEY one of our Northumberland Shadows Guitar Club Members. Ken fought bravely for five years against cancer taking all the treatment in his stride. Sadly it caught up with him. He was always smiling and never once complained or let it get him down. He did so much raising funds including the Great North Run for so many Charities. His cheery smiling face will be missed on club nights .Our thoughts are with his wife Margaret and family.
tommybird

Full Real Name: tommy bird

Re: RIP Ken Rowley

Postby djnevster » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:37 am

Tommy
Sad news indeed, it will not be the same without Ken. I think he was one of the few people to have competed in every Great North Run since the beginning, even up to last September. Typical of his determination to carry on despite the illness. I was amazed how he continued to play the guitar at the club despite losing feeling in his fingertips following treatment and having to "stick" the plectrum to his fingers! RIP Ken
djnevster

Full Real Name: Neville Worthington

Return to People