Keith Hayman

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Keith Hayman

Postby Simon Underwood » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:34 pm

I happened to meet Cliff’s MD, Keith Hayman, at the weekend. He was doing his solo act at the Seaford Constitutional Club in Sussex. It was a really good evening, and he’s a excellent guitarist and vocalist as well as a gifted keyboard player. Very funny guy as well- “The more you drink, the better I sound”, lots of banter with the audience, especially our table, when he found out that two of us were in a Shads tribute band. We had quite a good chat with him afterwards and rather cheekily gave him a flyer for our next gig!

Thoroughly nice guy, and well worth seeing if you’re in or around Sussex, although I think he might be a bit busy elsewhere for the next couple of months!

Simon
Simon Underwood

Full Real Name: Simon Underwood

Re: Keith Hayman

Postby Paul Creasey » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:46 pm

Hello Simon,
Glad you enjoyed Keith's gig - it's good to know that he does a solo set as well as the big "Arena" stuff.
We "borrowed" the quip "The more you drink, the better we sound" from an American Delta Blues singer who tours the UK frequently, and it usually raises a laugh-or-two - even though, in our case, it is entirely true!
Who knows - you may have an unexpected guest at you next gig!
Regards
Paul
Paul Creasey

Return to People