Dean Rogers & The Shadows

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Dean Rogers & The Shadows

Postby RogerB » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:55 am

Hi - I'm new to this forum - thanks for having me!

I'm researching a little known singer from the Potteries called Dean Rogers. He was on the bill with the Shadows a few times around 1961. However I'm trying to get specific dates. I have seen one very rough screen shot of art of a Shadows programme (I will try to attach it -but it's really poor quality, sorry - can't find another clearer image of this particular programme - just about readable and might spark some brain cells for someone!). On that bill are: The Red Price Combo; Terry Marsh; Chas McDevitt & Shirley Douglas; Frank Ifield; The Dallas Boys; Dean Rogers and The Shadows. But there is no date. Can anyone help me with dating this show please?

Shadows_Dean Rogers_unknown date.jpg
Shadows with Dean Rogers 1961?
Shadows_Dean Rogers_unknown date.jpg (67.51 KiB) Viewed 2110 times

It might well be part of the February/March 1961 tour. But another similar looking programme from that tour (the red cover one) has a different line up (Trebletones; Tony Marsh; Brooks Brothers; Frank Ifield; Patti Brook and the Diamonds; Dallas Boys & The Shadows). Dean Rogers might have been on only some of the tour. Irritatingly, promoter Arthur Howes reused the programme designs for a given tour but never dated them.
Any dates of The Shadows tours and supporting line ups in 1961 would be helpful.

Did anyone see The Shadows shows with Dean Rogers? If so, any memories?

Many thanks for any help with this.

Roger
RogerB

Full Real Name: Roger Bygott

Re: Dean Rogers & The Shadows

Postby GoldenStreet » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:44 pm

RogerB wrote: It might well be part of the February/March 1961 tour. But another similar looking programme from that tour (the red cover one) has a different line up (Trebletones; Tony Marsh; Brooks Brothers; Frank Ifield; Patti Brook and the Diamonds; Dallas Boys & The Shadows). Dean Rogers might have been on only some of the tour. Irritatingly, promoter Arthur Howes reused the programme designs for a given tour but never dated them.
Any dates of The Shadows tours and supporting line ups in 1961 would be helpful.Roger

This may well not be a fully comprehensive record, but Dean Rogers appears on some of the listed billings found by scrolling down the page...

https://www.bradfordtimeline.co.uk/mindex61a.htm

He also had a brief recording career on Parlophone and HMV...

http://www.45cat.com/artist/dean-rogers

https://www.discogs.com/artist/3977217-Dean-Rogers-3

Bill
GoldenStreet

Full Real Name: Bill Hannay

Return to People