A Year Ago

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

A Year Ago

Postby artyman » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:37 am

Sadly it was a year ago tomorrow that we lost Steve Reynolds, many of us waiting for the weekly livestream, and enjoying the chat. Little did we suspect the tragedy that was to later unfold. So raise a glass in memory of a great guitarist and member of the Shadows community.
artyman

Full Real Name: Ken Gillam

Re: A Year Ago

Postby LONGPLAYER09 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:31 am

Certainly will. Great loss.
LONGPLAYER09

Full Real Name: Mick Annis

Postby dave robinson » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:02 am

There's hardly a day goes by that I don't think of Steve and wonder what happened to take him so suddenly, as he still pops up on YouTube where I spend quite a bit of my spare time. We had been in dialogue it seems only hours before I heard of his passing. One thing that it reinforced on my mind was that I'm going to enjoy what remains of our time here and distance myself from all the nonsense.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby rockinscott » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:24 pm

I had know Steve through the forums and youtube etc, and interacted with him over the years, it was only really through lockdown that I started to build an online friendship with him, we never met in person but was something we had hoped to do once some sense of normality had resumed, sadly that day never arrived. Only being a couple of years older than Steve it hit me harder than I ever would of thought. Much like yourself Dave, it made me think it's time to drop and avoid BS, and really brought home the fact of how short a time we are actually here and that we never know when our time here will end.
Mighty Mighty Pleasing Papi's Corn Squeezing, Mercy... White Lightening
rockinscott

Full Real Name: Scott Stannard

Return to People