Ferry Nice (NL)

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Ferry Nice (NL)

Postby JimN » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:35 pm

I am hearing from friends in The Netherlands that stalwart promoter and friend Ferry Nice has died in an accident. This comes just two days after he posted details of this year's Tilburg Cliff / Shadows Fan Meeting in April. Ferry took over the running of the Tilburg meets a few years ago after the deaths of first Jolanda, then Joop, Moens.

I can hardly believe what I'm reading. Ferry was so full of life, vitality, good humour and enthusiasm for the music.

R.I.P. Ferry.

https://ibb.co/6grdLty
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Re: Ferry Nice (NL)

Postby Alan Taylor » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:15 pm

Sad news indeed Jim, Ferry was a larger than life character who will be sorely missed.
Alan Taylor

Full Real Name: Alan Taylor

Postby Kevin Wooten » Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:44 pm

I have just heard the sad news from Ernst Peischl and Ruud Lans, both Tilburg regulars. Help came to late for Ferry Syben (57) who was involved in a road accident on Saturday. I am deeply shocked. RIP Ferry.
Kevin Wooten

Full Real Name: Kevin Wooten

Postby iefje » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:37 am

I heard that Ferry was involved in a head-on collision last Saturday, on the same road I myself had been driving the day before on Friday, when the Eunice storm was raging over The Netherlands.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby iefje » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:42 am

I first saw Ferry back in September, 2000 at Motel Van Der Valk in Eindhoven, when he was introduced by Joop Moen, who himself was introduced by Ton Verhagen. It was the very last Cliff Richard & The Shadows fan meeting Ton organised, before he handed it over to Joop and Jolanda Moen. The first fan meeting which was organised by Joop and Jolanda was the 40th edition, on April 7th and 8th, 2001, during which also Bruce Welch was present. Ferry was a very enthusiastic person and a great presenter. He shall be greatly missed... Rest in peace Ferry.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby Didier » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:14 am

Very sad news, and a great loss for the Shadows community. I saw him twice at the Tilburg meetings in 2005 and 2009.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby dave robinson » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:33 pm

This is sad news indeed, we have fond memories of our time in Tilburg in 2002. RIP Ferry.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Return to People