Cliff At Christmas and other specials

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Cliff At Christmas and other specials

Postby iefje » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:18 am

Tonight was Cliff Richard evening on BBC2. It started with the brand new special "Cliff At Christmas" in which he sang some tracks from the new same titled album, as well as lots of old favourites. A special surprise was "Move It", accompanied by his special guests Bruce and Brian, great to see them performing live again! Next was "Sir Cliff Richard At The BBC" with many early clips from the archives, some which I have never seen before. This programme started off with "Move It", accompanied by The Shadows line-up from 1969/1970: Hank, Brian, John Rostill and Alan Hawkshaw. The third programme was "Cliff Live At The Royal Albert Hall", recorded on November 23rd, 1982 and accompanied by The London Philharmonic Orchestra. Nice to see Cliff singing "Galadriel (Spirit Of Starlight)", originally recorded and released by Marvin & Farrar of course.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Re: Cliff At Christmas and other specials

Postby Tigerdaisy » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:01 am

Yes we watched it- Cliff is showing his age now, but still sings well.
Tigerdaisy

Full Real Name: Martin Kay

Postby Teflon » Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:04 pm

Tigerdaisy wrote:Yes we watched it- Cliff is showing his age now, but still sings well.

I agree, he seems to have aged quite suddenly (though I suppose it's to be expected at 82) :cry: . He can still carry a song though, and his singing voice belies his age :) Loved seeing him back with Bruce and Brian.

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby drakula63 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:58 pm

I recorded Christmas with Cliff and the 1982 RAH concert... which I remember watching at the time. Will watch both nearer The Day!

Cliff looks pretty good for 82... mind you, Bruce and Brian don't look bad either! I suspect that he's aged a bit more than would otherwise have been the case due to the events of the last few years. But he still looks better at 82 than most people do at 70.
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby Twilight Ranger » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:06 am

In Finland most 82-year-old men have been in their graves for about two years. I hope a Finnish TV company buys the show and airs it next year.
"I have travelled the world through my ability to play three chords." - Bruce Welch
Twilight Ranger

Full Real Name: Lassi Vakkilainen

Return to People