Happy Birthday - Iain Purdon

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Happy Birthday - Iain Purdon

Postby David Martin » Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:00 am

I hope you have the happiest of days... I am so grateful to you for the way in which you hade taken over the active management of Shadowmusic. My health continues to decline, so it's good to know this community is in safe hands.
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Re: Happy Birthday - Iain Purdon

Postby Iain Purdon » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:25 pm

Thanks boss. It’s a pleasure to help while I can. I’m sorry your health is on the downward path, David. Many of us have you to thank for your pioneering work in giving us a website (successive sites actually) to share friendship and knowledge plus support for all the Shadows guitar clubs and those who have developed musically as a result.

I am now 75 and our surviving heroes are older. We will all fade as individuals and the website will become less and less important. I would like it to meet whatever needs it meets. At the same time, however, no website is free of charge and our site administrator Bob Dore keeps this one going whether or not he receives donations towards its continuing existence. One day we will have to decide when enough is enough and what is the next step. If there is one.

Thanks to everyone for your fellow involvement. I’d love to know any thoughts you have about the future.

With all good wishes - Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Return to People