Francis Monkman claim/query re. M&F.

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Francis Monkman claim/query re. M&F.

Postby drakula63 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:19 am

On a Shadows related facebook group, someone is making the truly bizarre claim that Francis Monkman played keyboards for Marvin and Farrar in July 1972.

Since this seems unlikely and, as I say, bizarre, perhaps someone here can give their thoughts on the matter? As far as I am aware, Francis only played keyboards live with 'The Shadows' briefly in May 1977. Prior to this, certainly in 1972, he was guitarist and keys player in Curved Air. As far as I am aware, Pat Carol played keyboards with Marvin and Farrar. Sadly, as we all know, Francis is no longer with us and therefore unable to confirm or deny this unusual claim.

Whilst I don't claim to be an expert with an infallible knowledge of such things, this (facebook claim) is the first I have ever heard of this and have never seen any photographic evidence or otherwise.

I have deliberately not named the Shadows f/b group or the person making the claim.
Last edited by drakula63 on Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Re: Francis Monkman claim/query re. M&F.

Postby drakula63 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:07 pm

Here are a couple of quotes for context/reference:

"bruce was not at the concerts with Francis.

I was at the concert they did at Batley Variety Club the day Bruce was found unconciouse at his Apartment in London. And we were at the rehersal they had to do with Francis before the sound check.

I remember Hank saying Bruce is not with them this week for reasons best known to himself and he then introduced Francis. End of story"
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Return to People