Searching for...David Cook

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Searching for...David Cook

Postby Moderne » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:42 am

A few weeks ago I found a long letter written to me by 'David Cook' in 1983, just before I went off to university. David lived in Woodley, Reading. I replied including a return address but haven't heard anything. Of course David may no longer be with us, or may have moved...it was 40 years ago. From memory we got in touch via the late John Friesen. Just wondering if the name rang any bells with anyone - and if anyone can give me any information. He was a very well-informed chap and gave me a detailed account of a Shadows concert he'd recently been to...together with two cassettes of material which I didn't at the time own (I sent him a cassette of stuff he wanted, as well).

(After the concert he mentioned to Bruce and Brian a song which he thought would be good for the Shads to record: Holbrooks House from the Green Ice soundtrack by Bill Wyman. Dave Richmond played bass on this project.)

BTW...I did reply to his letter at the time! I've just re-read my post and it sounds like I took 40 years to reply to his letter :D :D
Moderne

Full Real Name: Clive Webb

Re: Searching for...David Cook

Postby GoldenStreet » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:56 pm

A total shot in the dark, Clive, the BT online phone book (in the 'Find a Person' section) lists several Cooks for Woodley, Reading, although no D. Cook. Could be worth a look if you can recall the address!

https://www.thephonebook.bt.com/

Bill
GoldenStreet

Full Real Name: Bill Hannay

Return to People