Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: R.I.P. Jolanda

Postby John Haldane » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Very Sad new's indeed.
John H
John Haldane

Postby barryg » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:03 pm

We were shocked to hear this news last night. We were in Tilburg only 2 weeks ago for the Cliff and The Shadows gig and talking to Jolanda. She made us feel welcome every time we went there and we'll always remember her smiley face working on the cash desk and Movi Music stand.

RIP Jolanda

Barry and Julia
barryg

Full Real Name: Barry Gillam

Postby MeBHank » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:25 pm

I couldn't believe it when I heard this news yesterday evening. I only spoke to Jolanda two weeks ago. Sincere condolences to Joop, from myself, my parents and all of the Shadowers.

J
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Postby dave robinson » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:31 pm

I have had a word with David Martin and we agree that it makes sense to merge the threads about Jolanda Moen's tragic death.

franklin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:13 am » Post #1

It's with a sad heart I can tell that Jolanda, from The Shadowsmeeting in Tilburg Holland, is not with us anymore.
She past away Monday from a heartattack. Our thoughts goes to Joob and the family.
She was a great friend to all who came near her.
R.I.P Jolanda

Jens, Danny, Bjarne and Mogens
The Old Young Ones
franklin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zaanse Shadow » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:39 am » Post #2
It was/is a chocking to us to hear about the sudden dead from Jolanda last Monday.She was a friendly person and will be missed for her kindness
We wish Joop and futher family all the strenght that is nessary to carry this loss.

Jolanda; RIP

Cobie and Fred Bos/ HollandIF YOU LIKE SHADOWS-OR SHADOWSLIKE MUSIC PLAYED BY ME, PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT MY WEBSITE; http://WWW.ZAANSESHADOW.NL
Zaanse Shadow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iefje » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:30 am » Post #3
What tragic news. I saw Jolanda for the last time less than two weeks ago during the recent National Cliff Richard & The Shadows Fan Meeting. She was happy as always and at the end of the evening, my father and I gave her and Joop our thanks for another great Cliff Richard & The Shadows event. Our sincere condolences to Joop and all near and dear ones. Rest in peace, Jolanda.iefje

Didier » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:23 am » Post #4
It's a great shock to hear about the sudden death of Jolanda. I met her twice when going to Tilburg in 2005 and 2009.
My sincere codolences to Joop, family and friends.

Didier
Last edited by Didier on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Didier

chas » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:34 am » Post #5
I met both Joop and Jolanda for the first time at Tilburg in April, and found them both to be really lovely people - friendly, hospitable and enthusiastic. My heart and condolences go out to Joop and all their family and friends. Jolanda will be missed by many.

Chas.

AngeliqueNL » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:33 pm » Post #6
To those who would like to send Joop a card, or who would like to send flowers for the ceremony or those who want to attend, please send me an email so I can give you the information you need.

Regards
Angélique

avs77@chello.nlA. von Söhsten
"Move It"
http://avs1977.spaces.live.com/ (view my latest Cliff & Shads pics here)

AngeliqueNL

martcaster » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:33 pm » Post #7
Joop & Jolanda have been tireless in their promotion of the music of Cliff & The Shads. Notable was their support of and hospitality towards the British bands, one of which I am a member of, and I know that my colleagues will join me in extending our sincerest condolences to Joop and all of the Dutch 'family' at this saddest of times.
Mart.
martcaster

Arpeggio » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:57 pm » Post #8
This is sad and shocking news indeed. My sincere condolences to Joop during this awful time. I met Jolanda several times. What a lovely, friendly outgoing person she was. She seemed to radiate happiness. One of those special people who somehow made anyone who chatted to her feel good and better about themselves - that is a rare quality. Plus, of course, she and Joop have done an enormous amount to promote the music of Cliff Richard & The Shadows down the years. This is tragic. Another wonderful person taken from us far too soon.

R.I.P. Jolanda

Rob

JimN » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:11 pm » Post #9
AngeliqueNL wrote:
To those who would like to send Joop a card, or who would like to send flowers for the ceremony or those who want to attend, please send me an email so I can give you the information you need.

Regards
Angélique

avs77@chello.nl

Email sent.

JN
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby franklin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:22 pm

This is very sad to hear as she was only 41 years old.
We will allways think of her, as the smiling and gentle person she was.
We have been together with Jolanda so many times and allways happy times.
Each time we came to Tilburg, she was there with a big hug and a big smile.
We will miss you, Jolanda.
Many thoughts goes to Joob and we wish the best for you in the future.

Your friends in Denmark
Jens, Danny, Bjarne and Mogens
"The Old Young Ones"
Last edited by franklin on Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
franklin

Postby kittycph » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:56 am

It was with great sadness, that I heard Jolanda has passed away. I met Jolanda and Joop for the first time in April at The Cliff and Shadows meeting in Tilburg.
Jolanda was greeting me, as we were old friends. My thoughts go to Joop and the family.
RIP Jolanda

All the best
Kitty from Copenhagen
kittycph

Postby tomtomdavehull » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:07 pm

Sorry to hear about Jolanda.It was a pleasure to have known her. Deepest Sympathy to Joop.
Carol & Dave Harrison and The Fentone Four.
tomtomdavehull

Postby AngeliqueNL » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:17 pm

I still find it hard to believe!

I heard the news when I was on my way homewards, waiting for my train at London's St. Pancress...
Jolanda's friend and Joop were both informing family and friends by phone. I was so gobsmacked... and couldn't believe it.

Even though I have known Joop and Jolanda for a long time (when they took over the Int. Cliff & The Shadows Meeting in 1998), it wasn't untill 2 years ago or so that we started calling each other just for chit chats instead of Meeting related. We got a long really well and made looooong phonecalls.
Jolanda was always smiling, interested in others well being, spontanious, funny, a good listener and for me personally a VERY DEAR FRIEND.
I will miss our phonecalls and her friendly voice on the otherside of the line :-(

I have been in touch with Joop often these last couple of days and all he keeps saying is how heartwarming he finds all the messages he receives via email, the web, via cards and telephonecalls. He wants me to say THANKS to you all.

Tomorrow afternoon, I am going to attend the condolences and on Tuesday her cremation ceremony... :cry:
AngeliqueNL

Postby dave robinson » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:14 am

We have fond memories of our gig in Tilburg in 2002 with Past Masters when Joop & Jolanda greeted us with such great warmth and friendship. Since then we have met at various meetings and will always remember her as a wonderful cheerful person. Our thoughts will be with her family and friends tomorrow at Jolanda's cremation service.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Steve Jackson » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Jolanda web 1.jpg
(256.63 KiB) Downloaded 8215 times

This is our most recent photo with Joop & Jolanda.
We have put a message on our web page but would just like to pass on our love and condolances to Joop and the family and all the Dutch Shadows family who we know will miss Jolanda as much as we will.

We will be thinking of you all tomorrow.

The Foottappers
http://www.thefoottappers.co.uk
Steve Jackson

PreviousNext

Return to People