Hello everyone!

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Hello everyone!

Postby ernie1958 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:29 pm

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but anyway I'll give it a go.
Hi to all ...my name is Ernie Hombergen and am from the Netherlands.I'm new to this forum so bear with me guys!
I'm 51 years old and have been into the Shads ever since I got into a band that played their music.( around 1983 I recall)
Up till then I only thought the Shads had one big known hit over here called APACHE...lol!
I got to learn otherwise and now play almost everything I can from their long list of wonderfull tunes and songs.
I also have a gigantic collection of albums,cd's,singles etc. concerning the Shads music history...great stuff!!
Furthermore I play on Vox,'63 Stratocaster,Jazzmaster,Telecaster,Ibanez Les Paul Custom and since a couple of months now I
am proud to say I own a Burns Marquee which I have upgraded with Apache pickups ( special thanks to Barry Gibson of Burns London!)
As for effects I've had a long line of equipment such as digital delays,reverbs,and so on...also owned a Meazzi echo and a Vox Long Tom.
Nowadays I gig with Watkins copicats ( I have several of them) which I modified myself to create the right echo timings I need to play
the Shadows tunes with nearly the same sound. ;)
My latest copicat is a Custom Copicat all tube echo...what a magnificent echo this is,great sound and very musical (thnx Charlie ;) )
So a little bit of me in this post and what I do musically!

Cheers,
Ernie1958
ernie1958

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby David Martin » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:38 pm

Welcome Ernie... let's hear some of that excellent kit you own... :)
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby SELEDA284 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:03 pm

Its a 'hello' from me too, Ernie, nice to have you with us, I'm sure you will enjoy reading & posting on here, & maybe adding some pictures to the gallery.......
best wishes
SELEDA284

Postby ernie1958 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:20 pm

:D Thanks David and Lesley.As soon as I get settled and all in this wonderfull forum I will be posting some pics.
Will be getting a digital camera soon so that won't be a problem to do so.. ;)
Indeed I do have some Shads tunes I recorded myself and also some we recorded with the band I play in (demo)
Will do my best.. :thumbup:

Cheers,
Ernie
ernie1958

Postby Mikey » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:28 pm

Welcome Ernie, I'm sure you'll like it here.
Mikey

Return to People