"Legend" rocks!!

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

"Legend" rocks!!

Postby ernie1958 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:17 pm

:) Hi David..I've been watching some vids on Youtube of your band "Legend" and must say I'm quite impressed.You guys captured
the Burns guitars era of the Shads awesomely well I must say...cheers for that!!Only a few bands I know have been doing this while most others
only play the Shads stuff with the usual Stratocaster setup.One thing I would like to know is...how do you get that "fuzzy" sound when you play
lead in "The Warlord"?Is this like an old "fuzz" stompbox or whatever to get this sound? Furthermore I had a good laugh watching you doing some
funny gestures while playing..love that! :lol:
Keep up the good work m8,
Cheers,
Ernie
ernie1958

Re: "Legend" rocks!!

Postby Shad1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:13 pm

Ernie,

Legend are absolutely fabulous live - their attention to musical detail is wonderful and the overall effect is like slipping on the Burns era LP's and leaning back with a big grin on your face - wallowing - excellent. (They also do a mean Strat set).

Malc
Shad1

Full Real Name: Malcolm C McEwan

Re: "Legend" rocks!!

Postby David Martin » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:08 am

Thanks guys... that's very kind of you.

My Warlord sound is achieved by using a little preamp type distortion from a Boss GX70 rack unit combined with a stereo patch on the Q2 (played in mono) which sends slightly out of tune versions of each note to left and right channels, and which sounds like double tracking to my ears...

Glad you enjoyed the band... sound authenticity was something very important to us.
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Return to People