R.I.P. Keith Fordyce

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

R.I.P. Keith Fordyce

Postby JimN » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:07 am

Keith was well-known in the 1950s as a Radio Luxembourg English-service disc jockey and later became a familiar voice and face on British radio and TV, hosting and appearing on pop music programmes for BBC radio, Associated-Rediffusion Television (Ready Steady Go), ABC Television (guest appearances on Thank Your Lucky Stars and compere duties at the station's coverage of the annual New Musical Express Pollwinners' concerts) and the SW regional station, Westward Television.

I was thinking of Keith just the other day, recalling the appearance that Jet and Tony made on a very early (summer 1963) edition of "Ready Steady Go", on which Keith was the original host. Jet and Tony played (ie, mimed to) Applejack and then did a short interview with Fordyce. He asked Jet what sort of clothes he liked best, to which Jet replied: "Men's!". Keith good-humouredly remarked that this was the sort of answer one expected from Jet and moved on to speak to Tony.

He died on 15th March, having been ill for some time.

JN

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Fordyce
http://www.britmovie.co.uk/forums/radio-talk/102617-keith-fordyce.html
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Re: R.I.P. Keith Fordyce

Postby Tigerdaisy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Keith used to have an aircraft museum just outside of Paignton Devon- I went round it many times and took hundreds of photos. There was an old Tiger Moth there- story was he'd landed this aircraft across the lane in a very tiny field.
Tigerdaisy

Full Real Name: Martin Kay

Return to People