Joe Brown - sans botox!

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Joe Brown - sans botox!

Postby Mikey » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:07 pm

I went to see Joe Brown play in Bristol last night. Now I know he's not a Shadow but I do know this forum acknowledges all good guitarists, especially those who were part of that pre-Beatles British rock & roll phenomenon and Joe was a big part of that.
I was surprised and disappointed to see several empty seats in the theatre which must have been disheartening for him but Joe and his band gave it their all, playing something for everyone - rock & roll, gospel, blues, bluegrass (he did Duelling Banjos with his son Pete), traditional Italian (!) as well as some although not as many as usual of his hits. One highspot instrumental was "Hava Nagila" played as a duet on mandolins, again with son Pete who is an acomplished guitarist. Added to this was some great rapport with the audience
I had front row seats and the other thing that struck me is how well joe is looking and, presumably, without the aid of botox!
Mikey

Re: Joe Brown - sans botox!

Postby alewis41 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:48 am

Joe Brown is a National Treasure. The guy seems to have been constantly on the road for the past 50 years! Losing two of the Bruvvers in quick succession must have been really hard for everyone.
alewis41

Full Real Name: Andrew Lewis

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:19 pm

He played on George Harrisons Farewell Concert so he's quite well regarded amongst the elite people of British rock n Roll.. Think he may have played Here comes the Sun at Harrisons Farewell Gig on a Ukelele ?
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby Alan Prudhoe » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:31 pm

He played I'll see you in my Dreams - brilliant.
Alan Prudhoe

Postby suboA21 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:48 pm

Without Joe Brown there may not have been "That Sound" as it was he that introduced Hank to the Echo Box cos Joe didn't like it much!

Steve
suboA21

Postby Pol » Tue May 17, 2011 8:00 am

Congrats on Your 70th birthday Joe, sunday the 13th :D

Cheers Pol.
Pol

Postby geoff1711 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:11 pm

I saw him a few weeks back - brilliant, mind you he doesn't play Hava Nagila behind his head whilst doing a Russian / Yiddish knees up any more - Tempus Fugit I suppose.

Geoff
geoff1711

Return to People