FREDDY KING

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

FREDDY KING

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi all.
After a super day yesterday at the North Notts Shadows Club, thank you to all who made Sue and myself very welcome. We met some old friends and hopefully we made some new ones. Anyway, this morning I thought let's go and have a walk round Bakewell market and see what's on offer on the stalls and in the shops. I walked into the Bakewell Bookshop and straight in the front entrance is a rack of new vinyl LP's. Wow I thought it must be christmas. After having a good look through the rack I finaly settled for a 2010 Sundazed 180g release Freddy King " Let's Hide Away and Dance Away" Its a 100% guitar instrumental album. For anyone into twelve bar blues it's a must. Lots of, seemingly, very easy one note guitar playing, just listen to track four side one,Side Tracked, it's fantastic. Dont know if it's available on CD but the vinyl issue is superb.
What are you listening to at the moment?
Regards Geoff.http://www.juno.co.uk/products/lets-hid ... 2BShopping
Last edited by Geoff Alderton LH on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff Alderton LH

Re: FREDDY KING

Postby roger bayliss » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Classic album and very influential ,
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi Roger,
It is as you say a classic. I believe there is a second album in the Sundazed 180g LP series, "Freddy King Sings" so I am on the lookout for this one also.
Regards Geoff.
PS Just put a link on my post. Have a listen to a min of track four or a min of all the tracks.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:41 pm

Cheers Geoff... you will find Freddy on Utube as well.
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Return to People