Astral Plane

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Astral Plane

Postby Mikey » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:50 pm

I have just spent a very pleasant afternoon in a little village in Wiltshire listening to some great live music and enjoying one of the finest afternoon teas I've had in a very long time!
You will recall in a previous thread our recent "find" in the shape of Silvia from Germany and her duo partner Kevin who together form "Astral Plane" and have recently joined our happy band. As you may have seen they were playing a gig in Kevin's village hall today so I went along to see them although I did feel a bit like the stranger from out of town but was made very welcome.
They played an eclectic (I do love that word) mix of music including several Shad classics superbly played and they have a very full sound. I think Silvia has a full orchestra hidden inside that Yamaha keyboard! The set included several German numbers that had people clapping and swaying in true Bavarian style! Both are masters of their instruments and every number was superbly played but highspots for me were Silvia's "Orange Blossom Special" and Kevin's "Guitar Boogie Shuffle". He also plays a mean blues!
If you get the chance to see them play you won't be disappointed and especially if it's in Neston and afternoon tea's on offer :P
Mikey

Re: Astral Plane

Postby Sunnysilvie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:07 am

Hi Mikey,

thanks for your nice words and your visit at the village hall. We were very pleased that someone from this forum that we just joined a couple of days before was interested to see us playing live. And it was very nice to meet you and we had a nice chat together.
I just arrived back in Germany last night after an all day journey. But it was worth to do as I had again a couple of very nice days in the UK. And even driving on the left side of the road does not feel so terrible anymore as it did at my first visit last year. I really like the UK (including the food).

There were two others from this forum at our gig that I forgot to ask about their user names on the forum :oops: . I want to say thanks so much for being at our gig as well to them.

You are a nice couple on this forum and made us very welcome. Thanks again and now as I am back in Germany think I will find more time to have a proper look on the forum as I had a lot of preparings for the travel last week.

Have a nice time and we'll speak soon ;)

Greetings
Silvia
Sunnysilvie

Postby stratshadow » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi Mikey and others....can I just second Silvia's reply about how great it was to see you turn up at the local hall in Neston. :D You were very brave just to walk in without knowing anyone! :? ;) I am glad you enjoyed the mix of music that we played and that the refreshments were to your liking as well. :P
We hope to do another gig in the same place in March 2010, so will keep you posted. We will also check out the details ref. the German tour that you mentioned...it really might be something for us as most of our gigs next year will most likely be in that country. We will do some in the UK of course, but recently we have been concentrating on original Schlager songs with german lyrics as well the usual covers in both languages.
Thanks again...really nice to see you, best regards, KEVIN. 8-)
stratshadow

Postby Mikey » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:20 pm

stratshadow wrote:Hi Mikey and others....can I just second Silvia's reply about how great it was to see you turn up at the local hall in Neston. :D You were very brave just to walk in without knowing anyone! :? ;) I am glad you enjoyed the mix of music that we played and that the refreshments were to your liking as well. :P
We hope to do another gig in the same place in March 2010, so will keep you posted. We will also check out the details ref. the German tour that you mentioned...it really might be something for us as most of our gigs next year will most likely be in that country. We will do some in the UK of course, but recently we have been concentrating on original Schlager songs with german lyrics as well the usual covers in both languages.
Thanks again...really nice to see you, best regards, KEVIN. 8-)

Kevin
It really was my pleasure and the Neston natives were friendly! As promised, here is a link to the Songs and Whispers site: http://www.myspace.com/songsandwhispers. One of the duos you will see is Garfields Birthday featuring my friend Simon Felton (bass and vocals) from Weymouth. He champions unsigned bands and runs a small independent record label called Pink Hedgehog Records. you can check them out at: http://www.pinkhedgehog.com
Once again, welcome to the forum.
Mikey

Return to People