George Wetton R.I.P.

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

George Wetton R.I.P.

Postby Paulps » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:03 am

It is with deep regret that I have to inform you that George Wetton,one of the stalwarts of the Congleton Guitar Club, and it's predecessor the Cheshire Guitar Club, passed away yesterday, Monday 3rd June, after a long illness.
Despite being wheelchair bound, George was full of life, with a great love of 50's and 60's music, both instrumental and vocal. He only started to play guitar seriously around 5 years ago, but he had a good singing voice, and a great knowledge of early rock and roll music. His main idols were Elvis and P J (Jim) Proby, who he met on several occasions.
George will be sadly missed at the Congleton Guitar Club meeting on Saturday 8th., and his "Backing Band" will perform two of the songs he liked to play in his memory.
George, keep on strumming.
Paul and June
Paulps

Re: George Wetton R.I.P.

Postby Tony Szpala » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:35 pm

Paul

Just taking a break from doing some work and scrolling through "News & Views" - quite shocked to read about George as I did not realise he was so ill.
He will be missed at the club - a nice affable character who never seemed to let his disabilty get him down. R.I.P George.

Best wishes

Tony
Tony Szpala

Location: Ripley, Derbyshire email address: tony.szpala@hotmail.com
Full Real Name: Tony Szpala

Return to People