TOM 'LAUREL' JONES.

For anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

TOM 'LAUREL' JONES.

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:59 pm

Hi all. Just heard that Laurel has been diagnosed with cancer and is now undergoing treatement. Laurel was Jet's lead guitar for many years in various groups, Diamonds was one of them, They are still best mates, keeping in touch via text's. Laurel has continued to gig with his band, Classic Gold, up to a few months ago when Laurel's illness caused him to stop. Can I take this oportunity to wish Laurel all the very very best and a speedy recovery.
Regards Geoff Alderton.
Pic of Laurel with Jet and the Diamonds attached.
Geoff Alderton LH

Re: TOM 'LAUREL' JONES.

Postby RalphG » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Laurel has been a great musical talent but also such a modest and unassuming man. One of life's nicest guys. Take care mate.
RalphG

Postby Mikey » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:20 pm

I'm sure everyone here wishes him a successful course of treatment and a speedy recovery.
Mikey

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Hi all, Spoke to Laurel last night and he gave me the good news that his treatement has been and is going very well. He has one more session to go and thats it for twelve months. Laurel says he speaks to Jet on most days and its good to hear that Jet is also doing ok.
Laurel has bought a keyboard and is putting in as much time as possible on it and looking forward to doing a gig in a few weeks time.
Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Return to People