Writing my own tab music onto an I-pad

Information about availability of backing tracks

Writing my own tab music onto an I-pad

Postby fzrsew49 » 05 Jun 2016, 10:41

Hello,
Can anyone help with this please? I would like to rehearse my own personal backing tracks using an I-pad, I use these as a warm up excersie before playing the shadows. I have already purchased official shadows music from tab man and can read it from my I-pad. To read my own tab music in the same format, I need to transpose it to a music style app which I can retain and play without the need for it being on sheet music paper. The apps I have seen are geared to musical notes and not tab. Any ideas?
Regards,
Stewart
fzrsew49

Re: Writing my own tab music onto an I-pad

Postby barryg » 20 Apr 2017, 20:27

I guess no one knows and I don't either but why not ask Tabman
barryg

Postby bob t » 21 Apr 2017, 09:32

Hi Stewart

You could try Power Tab or Guitar Pro

Don't know if they are suitable form I-pad though as I think they are windows based

Bob
bob t

Postby Hank2k » 21 Apr 2017, 11:08

i use an app called guitar tab maker, its a basic system that you put the tabs in and then you do print to PDF and it saves it as a PDF file which you can then look at on your ipad same as the tabman files?
Hank2k

Postby RogerCook » 21 Apr 2017, 23:02

I don't have an iPad but it seems that GuitarPro is available for this platform. The windows version creates notation and TAB and this can be played as a midi file. Also worth checking if Tuxguitar (free!) is available for iPad
RogerCook

Return to Backing Tracks