Any 'Shadows Day' specials anymore?

Where clubs can announce their next meeting dates

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Any 'Shadows Day' specials anymore?

Postby markrgv » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:59 am

Many years ago, there were a few Shadows Days through the year at various clubs - both Bristol and South Wales did good ones - that a lot of players from around the country travelled to.

I know these particular two have gone, but do any of the other clubs around the country bother any more with special days?
I believe they do in the North East, but are there any in the Midlands areas, or anywhere else?

Mark.
markrgv

Re: Any 'Shadows Day' specials anymore?

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:26 pm

Newcastle and Scarborough are the only two that I’m aware have a Gala week-end over two days.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Re: Any 'Shadows Day' specials anymore?

Postby Iain Purdon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:52 pm

Warwick will occasionally invite a guest star -- we've had Licorice Locking and Alan Jones a number of times, as well as Bert Weedon. We'll also sometimes have a guest band from another club, such as Bungleflint when they were together. We've entertained visitors from overseas at times as well.

I know some other clubs do things like this too. Obviously, it's each club's business to decide how widely they want to make such events known. They're welcome to use this site if they wish to spread the word. But they may prefer to keep it exclusive to their own members.
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Return to Club Announcements