Quarry Bank Music Club

Where clubs can announce their next meeting dates

Moderators: Iain Purdon, dave robinson, George Geddes, David Martin

Quarry Bank Music Club

Postby RUSSET » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:49 pm

For those who live around the Dudley, Stourbridge area of the West Midlands, there is a new music club at Sheffield Street, Quarry Bank, Dudley, West Midlands. It meets in the Quarry Bank Community Centre twice a month on a Monday evening from 7.00pm til late. It is quite informal & is open to anyone of any age who likes to play music. No one is judged on content or ability, & it is a great friendly place just to talk with other musicians, & get up on the stage & play if you want to. They have a Facebook page for further info.
RUSSET

Full Real Name: Tony Russell

Re: Quarry Bank Music Club

Postby RUSSET » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:21 pm

Further to my original post, The club has now got it's own PA & 4 Radio mikes & stands, as well as a club drum kit, & a Laney amp stack & a bass combo. So, all you really need is your instrument & pedals, if used. Many different styles of music played, inc. some Shads/Ventures etc.
Membership is growing monthly. Meetings at 7.30pm on the first & third Monday of each month.

Tony.
RUSSET

Postby ecca » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:18 am

ecca

Full Real Name: Eric Blossom Thacker

Postby Stratpicker » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:38 pm

Is it secret?! Lol
Don't do Facebook.
Ian
Stratpicker

Full Real Name: Ian Plant

Postby RUSSET » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Me neither, Ian. I can't be bothered with it. Although the club has many members who have Facebook a/cs. &find it useful for keeping up with what's going on etc. The committee chairman keeps trying to persuade me to have an a/c., but I'm not interested.

Tony.
RUSSET

Postby noelford » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:07 pm

Let me say something about FaceBook. I was once very anti but needed to sign up to access some material. However, I now know that, though I would still run a million miles to avoid much of the stuff people use it for, it is VERY useful (and enjoyable) when using it for private groups. I use it for several of these, including a page about my old home town, our guitar club and my own cartoonists' page. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater and don't let prejudice rule your choices unreservedly - used sensibly, FaceBook is an excellent utility.
Be Inspired But Be Yourself
noelford

Full Real Name: Noel Ford

Re: Quarry Bank Music Club - Zoom Conf. call meetings

Postby RUSSET » Sat May 16, 2020 7:40 am

Hi,
Just to say that in these mad times with this lockdown going on, the Q B Club has now started to meet online via the Zoom Conference call App. This will have to do until we are back to normal again & can meet face too face. It is mainly a chat time, but with occasional bursts of individual performance online by members. Of course, we can't all join in at the same time as there is a latency of signal, so the timings would be out with each other, but those who have backing tracks at home can use them & give a reasonable individual performance.
The meeting is called by a moderator, our club chairman, & he invites each member who dials in & allows them on screen.
It works OK, & is a good substitute for us while this lockdown is on. It is good fun & keeps us in touch with our friends.

Tony.
RUSSET

Return to Club Announcements