BOURNEMOUTH GUITAR PLAYER.

Where clubs can announce their next meeting dates

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

BOURNEMOUTH GUITAR PLAYER.

Postby barryg » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:25 pm

There are a number of Shadows guitar clubs around the country and I've been going to The South Coast Shadows Club for 7 years or more and like most guitar players I enjoy playing and meeting up with the regulars there. Time moves on and I have decided to start something similar in Bournemouth so with a friend of mine we have started a Guitar Play Night where you can play any type of music to backing tracks and not just Shadows music. We're hoping this will attract guitar players of different musical styles which will add to the evenings entertainment attraction and will get some younger players there. If anyone would like to join us please look at our Facebook Group page "Bournemouth Guitar Player" where you will find further details.

Our first meeting will be at The Dean Park Inn, Charminster Road, Bournemouth on Tuesday 4th August and the first Tuesday in the month after that.

We hope to see you there.

Barry
barryg

Full Real Name: Barry Gillam

Re: BOURNEMOUTH GUITAR PLAYER.

Postby dave robinson » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:40 am

Sounds good Barry, I wish I lived a little closer. I hope you get the support that this deserves. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby barryg » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Thanks Dave, I'm getting some good feedback from people I've spoken to so far. It's something a little different and it's for electric guitar players only, no accoustics or else we'll have all the Ed Sheeran wannabes and they have open mic nights catering for them.

Barry
barryg

Postby dave robinson » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:39 pm

Ed Sheeran wannabes ? Bloody hell the real thing is bad enough. :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby barryg » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:40 pm

That's why they're banned Dave
barryg

Postby barryg » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:58 am

Our first Guitar Play Day is tomorrow Tues 4 Aug so come down to The Dean Park Inn Bournemouth and play a few tracks with us, Shadows music or anything else.

See our Facebook group "Guitar Player Bournemouth" for more details.

Barry
barryg

Postby barryg » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:21 pm

A month has passed since our first guitar play evening and we had 6 players there. We had a few sound problems using an old PA and mixing desk so we now have a new Bose L1 compact PA and a Allen and Heath mixing desk and these will allow us to get a great sound and to play backing tracks from a MP3 player as well as a CD and Minidisc player.

The next meeting is on Tuesday 1st September at The Dean Park Inn, Wimborne Road, Bournemouth. If you would like to come and play bring your guitar and backing tracks and plug in and play any music you like. This is not a Shadows music club so we're open to anything (except heavy metal and extreme types)

Barry
barryg

Return to Club Announcements