Berkshire Shadows Club - Final Meeting

No longer meeting

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, ShadsDrums

Berkshire Shadows Club - Final Meeting

Postby ShadsBass » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:38 am

Just to remind everyone that the next meeting will be the last for the club.
Please note – IMPORTANT – the next meeting is on 15th November, NOT the normal 4th Tuesday of the month.
We're hoping that as many people as possible will turn up to play. Let's close the club in style!
Eric
Eric
ShadsBass

Full Real Name: Eric Pole

Re: Berkshire Shadows Club - Final Meeting

Postby Martin Payne » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:01 pm

Sorry to hear the Berkshire club is closing it's doors...Maybe I've missed something in previous posts as this is the first I've heard of it and my impression was it was well run, well organised and well attended. Obviously there's a reason for this closing; is it possible that this decision could be reversed in the near future?

Best Regards

Martin
Martin Payne

Full Real Name: Martin Payne

Postby ShadsDrums » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:15 am

Hi Martin

We've been running the club for three years now and wanted to take a break from it. I did ask the local Berkshire membership whether anyone wanted to take it over and continue to run it but have had no takers. It would, of course, mean someone would have to supply the equipment and provide the backing band or backing tracks for the members but I guess that's the rub....

Thanks for the kind words. The club has been a great deal of fun but these things happen. It's been great while it lasted but it's just time.... to move on.

Cheers
Chris
ShadsDrums

Full Real Name: Chris Kenward

Postby Martin Payne » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:35 pm

I quite understand Chris, I was in the same situation as you, i.e. running The Toronto Shadows Club for about 4 to 5 years and needed a break. I'm now involved with a club called "60's Music" which opens the door to more variation than just Shadows music (though there's still a lot of that!) but now prefer to stay on the periphery regarding the oranisation of the club and leave that mostly up to the other two guys (ex TSC committe members) to handle the brunt of the work!

Hope your band is still active though!!

Cheers

Martin
Martin Payne

Full Real Name: Martin Payne

Postby ShadsDrums » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi Martin

Thanks for the reply. Yes - The Silver Shadows are now the official backing group for The Surrey Shadows Club, although we have given up gigging and no longer rehearse together. Eric and I have joined a Country rock band which is moving swiftly onwards and that should provide the gigging activity we need to keep us young! ;)

All the best with the '60s Music' Club - sounds great.

Cheers
Chris
ShadsDrums

Postby ShadsDrums » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:07 pm

A quick reminder that tomorrow is the meeting date for Berkshire.

Cheers
Chris
ShadsDrums

Return to Berkshire