Hankies- decision time re. move

The Staffordshire Hankies are now meeting at Great Wyrley Working Men's Club. Situated in....believe it or not, Great Wyrley. We meet most Tuesdays but check calendar!

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, Amanda

Hankies- decision time re. move

Postby ecca » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:15 am

Well hanky pankies....... yes or no ?
How will Mr. Bakewell break the news to the Gt. Wyley club ?
ecca

Re: Hankies- decision time re. move

Postby Stratpicker » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:54 am

Gob fixed.
Well? How was it then?
Broken legs?
PM me if you don't want to discuss the gory details here - ^_^.
cheers
ian
Stratpicker

Full Real Name: Ian Plant

Postby keithmantle » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:29 am

Nice venue, Good turn out, appreciative locals, arrivederci GtW.
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby neil2726 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:56 am

By how youve all been treated I wouldnt even tell that lot at GtW! Its their loss! :D
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Postby ecca » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:52 am

Well I was reasonably happy for a first time.
I felt a bit like a fish out of water at first but I will have to go with the majority whether or not it's permanent.
I won't continue though if we simply carry on paying £30 at Great Wyrley though, count me out if so.
If it's free, then that's fine.
ecca

Postby Amanda » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi,

Last night seemed to go well, from what Alan said last night he was going to
see the commitee at Gt Wyreley, and I think that rather than stoop to their level
and just drop it on them like they did on us we should tell them..

I recieved a copy of this e-mail from Mike Downs this morning:

Thanks for organising last night Ecca.
I thought I'd let you know that the landlord seems to think that we'll be going along next week too.
Chatting to folks in the pub carpark after the session nobody seemed sure what would be happening next week, whether we would be continuing at Great Wyrley or not.
I'm assuming it's business as usual and unless I hear to the contrary will turn up.
Certainly, of those I spoke to there were a number, myself and Roger Bayliss included, who would prefer to keep on at Great Wyrley for the time being.
Before any decisions regarding the club's future are made can this be discussed with everyone at the club on Tuesday to see how they feel?

Thanks

Mike

Perhaps the answer is arrange to meet either at the new venue or Gt Wyrely for a quick meeting, make a decision, then act accordingly.

I agree with Ecca on the point that, why should we pay on a Tuesday - o.k. if it was a Saturday you could expect to pay for the room..

I just hope this doesn't split the club up..

Regards

Amanda
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby keithmantle » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:57 pm

I feel the Gt W committee is too inflexible (typical we have the power and we'll use it !!) attitude, I'm happy anywhere but do not want to see the club fold or for members to be divided/unhappy . It costs me almost £10 in fuel/drink/subs to play 3 tunes, £30 room fee is out of order .
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi Ecca

We heard a few things about and from Jock the gaffer last night. He has only been manager for a few months and is looking at ways to bring more business to the pub. He was on about getting us to play to audiences at the pub and mentioned Sat nights. I think he wants us there to suit his own ideas for his business more than anything else I feel.

I have a feeling that we would be best running it alongside Gt Wyrley for a few months in case it does not work out. The venue is much smaller too and a bit cramped. We all tended to think less amps would be better. I think the room at Gt Wyrley is best and we have it all to ourselves albeit for £30 and on average that is about the cost of a beer. However we have a choice now. Perhaps we could negotiate a cheaper fee ?

However I would say that I would not jump in too quick just yet and see how it plays out. Just my thoughts.

There is Ken at Old Wyrley Hall though who was quite keen on us for a while ? I think Tues at his club might be quiet. Shall I speak to him ?

In the end I will move with the majority.

Rog.
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby ecca » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:02 pm

Ken doesn't want us, I asked.
£30 is way out of line for a Tuesday, I'll no longer be a part of it.
What else is a gaffer interested in other than making money ?
That's what he's there for.
ecca

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:31 pm

I think we should have a show of hands then on next Tuesday to decide with perhaps Al Bakewell contacting the club in the meantime to find out what their response will be to our request and have done with it. We clearly have a number reluctant to continue paying the fee, but we do have plenty to pay next Tuesday if we want to meet at Gt Wyrley and sort the discussion with committee members same night and if we fail to agree we can give notice to quit that evening and make it the last one. A show of hands could be made at the same time and bring it to it's conclusion either way.
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Next

Return to Staffordshire