Next meeting...?

We are a small but friendly Club that started late 2003 - we have all the right Amps / Echos / Pedals and Backing Tracks - we play in a Musicians' Pub in Waterlooville every 3 weeks - we welcome everyone with the same interest in keeping the Shads music going!

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, Geffers

Re: Next meeting...?

Postby The Saint » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi Folks

Just thought I'd update people as to why I haven't been along to The Heroes lately. We moved house last summer, across the water to the south of France.

We've had a bit of a roller coaster journey but it's been worth it. We really miss the music scene in the UK. Although there's quite a bit locally, it's a different beast entirely. I'm in the process of setting up an 'open mic' night in my local bar, ready for the summer. It seems an unknown event here, so it'll either take off or bomb. Here's hoping it flies...

As regards Shadows music, it seems no-one here has ever heard of them, apart from the local Brits of course! I'm lucky enough not to be working so I've had chance to work on my guitar playing and believe me, there's a lot to be done.. I bought a bass before I left and that's taking some of my time, but that's one of the reasons I came here; to have time to do the things I've always wanted to do if work hadn't got in the way. When we get back to the UK, we'll be looking you up...

In the meantime, if any of you can bring some old fashioned Rock n' Roll to the Languedoc just let me know. We're just waiting for it down here..

Regards

Graham
The Saint

Postby Geffers » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi Graham,

I wondered where you had gone!! Well the weather here today is 8 Deg C and has rained all day! So I think you made a wise choice.
Shame the Shads music is a bit of a rarity out there, good luck with the open mic night though.

PS - If you have any spare rooms - French wine and cheese - we will see what we can do.

Cheers!!
Geffers
Geffers

Full Real Name: Geoff Bearpark

Postby The Saint » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:16 pm

No shortage of wine here, we live in the biggest vineyard in Europe! Cheese is also in plentiful supply and we certainly have spare rooms...

So what are you waiting for..??

Graham
The Saint

Postby Bob Withrington » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi Graham,

I just wanted to let you know that in 2011the Surrey Shadows Club were twinned with Shadowmaniacs France. Each year since we have enjoyed regular exchange events at held at our club's venue at the Hersham Sports & Social Club and in various venues across France organised by our good friends at Shadowmaniacs France. If you want to know more then click onto their Link, which is available by simply going to the Link page on the sixth blue box from the left on the header page of this site.

Here you can read all about the Shadows Music events that are taking place in France.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bob Withrington
on behalf of SSC Management Team
Bob Withrington

Postby The Saint » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Thanks Bob..

I'll try to make contact with these guys soon...

Graham
The Saint

Previous

Return to South Coast