Next meeting...?

We are a small but friendly Club that started late 2003 - we have all the right Amps / Echos / Pedals and Backing Tracks - we play in a Musicians' Pub in Waterlooville every 3 weeks - we welcome everyone with the same interest in keeping the Shads music going!

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, Geffers

Next meeting...?

Postby The Saint » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:52 pm

Hi Folks

New to the boards but I live locally. When and where are you guys next getting together?

I'd like to come along..
The Saint

Re: Next meeting...?

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi Graham,

We'll be meeting tomorrow, Wednesday (11th) at The Heroes Waterlooville.

Bob.
Admin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Site Admin

Postby The Saint » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi Bob

Good timing!

What time is KO..?

Graham
The Saint

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:48 pm

People start arriving about 7.30. The music starts somewhere between 8 and 8.30
Admin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Site Admin

Postby The Saint » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks, see you there..
The Saint

Postby Bob Withrington » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:18 am

Hi Graham,

How did you enjoy your first visit to a Shadows Music Club?

Hope to see you again at The Heroes on the 1st February. Also check out the dates for the Surrey Shadows Club on this site's Calendar.

Cheers,

Bob
Bob Withrington

Postby The Saint » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:36 am

Hi Bob

Had a great time, thanks for making me welcome. Great music and several people came up to chat to the 'newbie'.

Spent a bit of time talking to Mike who gave me a lot of info. I'll try to get down as often as possible, although if you always meet on a Thursday it might be a problem as that's my band practice night!

Thanks again

Graham
The Saint

Postby Geffers » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi Graham,

Good to see you there last night - hope you found us a freindly bunch, we always do have a good time. Dont forget you can always join in - you will be very welcome, BTW the meetings are every 3 weeks throuout this year, they are always on a Wednesday so no excuses!

If you have a lookat the calender - all the dates are in there.

Cheers
Geffers
Geffers

Full Real Name: Geoff Bearpark

Postby The Saint » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi Geoff

I really was impressed by the standard of playing and the fact that people were prepared to stop by and chat to me so thanks, whoever you were...

I was throwing questions all evening at Mike (sorry, didn't get your surname) so he might not turn up next time if he thinks I'm going!! Although I started playing guitar when I was a kid I've just had a 10 year sabbatical and it's just like starting over, as Mr Lennon said.

I've never tried playing up the dusty end of the fretboard, just happy playing rhythm. And I've never played a Shads tune in my life, so I think it'll be while before I stand up in front of you guys. I bought a Shadows tab book about 15 years ago, just dug it out of the cupboard last week and now trying out Wonderful Land and Apache. I've also looked at Leo's Den for some backing tracks. So I'm keeping busy...

See you next time..

Graham
The Saint

Postby Bob Withrington » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:29 am

Hi Graham,

You will be amazed how quickly you will progress playing along to backing tracks. Good luck!

BTW is was Mike Creamer you were talking to. He heads a band called Shadatak who play regularly at The Fountain in Rowlands Castle, which was the original venue for the South Coast Shadows Club.

Cheers,

Bob
Bob Withrington

Next

Return to South Coast