POST SHADOWMANIA - THE HEROES!!

We are a small but friendly Club that started late 2003 - we have all the right Amps / Echos / Pedals and Backing Tracks - we play in a Musicians' Pub in Waterlooville every 3 weeks - we welcome everyone with the same interest in keeping the Shads music going!

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, Geffers

POST SHADOWMANIA - THE HEROES!!

Postby Geffers » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 pm

If you havn't entirely O/D'd on Shads Music over this weekend - we will be hosting another South Coast Shads Club meeting at the Heroes - Waterlooville Wednesday 19/9.

B/T's and Band at your service plus good company and decent beer. All welcome - no entrance fee but you pay to get out!!

Enjoy Shadowmania this weekend - I will! See you Wednesday

Cheers
Geffers
Geffers

Full Real Name: Geoff Bearpark

Re: POST SHADOWMANIA - THE HEROES!!

Postby JayBee » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi Jeffers,

What time do you usually set up and what time do you actually start playing?

Regards,

JB
JayBee

Full Real Name: John Bell

Postby barryg » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:44 am

John,

AS a regular to the club I know you will be most welcome to the club so bring your guitar and put your name on the board for the playing order. There will be a list for playing 2 tunes to backing tracks and another to play 2 with the band. We start playing around 8pm.

I think the star spot tonight will be Danny Godley who will be bringing his "new" Meazzi Echomatic to try out so watch out for that.

I'm hoping to see John Scrymgeour return to the club after a long time. John has been to The Heroes but he was one of the original players who used to come to the club when it was held at The Fountain. He's had a difficult time recently so it will be good to see him back playing guitar again.

See you all later.

Barry
barryg

Full Real Name: Barry Gillam

Postby Geffers » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:54 pm

It was very good to see some new faces and some returning players we had'nt seen for a while.

Danny is getting to grips with the Meazzi after only a few days - Great sound!

We will try to start up sooner with the B/Ts - so that we finish at a decent time and I am aware their were some player that did not play with the band ( sorry if you did not play and wanted to ).If we try to aim for between 7.30 / 7.15 start it should help.

The band have been asked to learn -
Quatermassters Stores & Stars Fell On Stockton - so we will have a go.

Also for Bob - re learn Dakota and try to learn Midnight Cowboy.

Thanks to all for coming see you in 3 weeks on 10/10.
Geffers
Geffers

Postby Bob Withrington » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi Geffers,

It was great seeing The Shadders playing last night at the Surrey Shadows Club. Great sound!

I agree that if we could begin the Backing Tracks section at 7:30pm it provide more valuable time for the "live" performances that follow.

On the subject of requests I wonder if you might add "Another Night" to your list.

Cheers,

Bob
Bob Withrington

Postby Geffers » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi Bob

I had a look at 'Another Night' - It needs a bit of working out, Gorans site has the chords - but he admits some he is not sure of some and I agree - the trouble is - I don't know either. Upshot is we need some more time, so we will have to do it another night!!

Quatermassters Stores & Stars Fell On Stockton, Dakota and try Midnight Cowboy. All possible if you don't listen too closely!!

Will see everyone on the 10/10.
Geffers
Geffers

Return to South Coast