Tom Bland R.I.P

The Surrey Shadows Club welcomes everyone to their musical evenings, whether you sing, play guitar, bass, keyboards or drums. We have a full backline sponsored by Breakthru', our resident backing band for the meetings.

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Tom Bland R.I.P

Postby Bob Withrington » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:56 pm

My fellow Surrey Shadows Club Management Team member - Mike Norris has written the following about the passing of his friend Tom Bland.

"It is with deep regret that I have to report the passing of Tom Bland who was a comparatively new member of the Surrey Shadows Club. Tom visited us four times before he was taken ill. He loved Shadows music and was learning to play a few Shadows tunes so that he could play at the club. He was a chauffeur by trade and had recently retired so wanted to expand his circle of friends, which is why he joined our club. He was also a regular visitor to Esher Rugby Club on Wednesday evenings, where musicians would meet and play. Tom thoroughly enjoyed this and at one time played the "spoons" to a tune, much to the enjoyment of the people gathered there. He was quite new to that venue as well and was getting to know the people there when he was taken ill.
Tom will be sadly missed by his friends. His funeral will be on Friday, March 21st at Hanworth Crematorium at 4pm. Anyone wishing to attend will be welcome.

Mike"
Bob Withrington

Return to Surrey