Hello Surrey

The Surrey Shadows Club welcomes everyone to their musical evenings, whether you sing, play guitar, bass, keyboards or drums. We have a full backline sponsored by Breakthru', our resident backing band for the meetings.

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Hello Surrey

Postby Shadow Steve » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:59 pm

Just thought I ought to join up, sign in and say hello, Wifey and I started visiting the Surrey Club in November 2011 and have tried to get to every meeting since. As the December event coincided with her birthday she was really surprised when I told her that we were eating out and going to see her fav band, her eyes lit up when her idol "Cliff" arrived.
My brother in law can play loads of cool guitar music and I am hoping he will be able to get time off work to visit with us and play. He has given me a few tips about guitar music so in Feb I bought a basic guitar and downloaded some tabs from the internet and one day I may be good enough to play at the club.
See you on 20th April
Steve J (newbie)
ps I guess everyone here knows about the excellent site run by Goran Tangring full of his backing tracks, tabs and music at http://goran.tangring.com/ well worth a visit
Shadow Steve

Re: Hello Surrey

Postby Bob Withrington » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi Steve,

We are pleased that you are enjoying coming along to the Surrey Shadows Club. As you mentioned, our December meeting was rather special even by our high standards, with the visit by our good friends - SHADOWMANIACS France, with whom we are now twinned. If you have not already done so, do take a look at our postings of the videos and the SSC Newsletter covering this memorable event.

Next weekend (13th - 15th April) myself, Mike Norris & Ken Emerson will be attending the SAMSHAD 18 event in France organised by SHADOWMANIACS France. A report of this will appear in our next newsletter.

Looking forward to seeing you on the 20th April.

Bob Withrington
on behalf of SSC Management Team
Bob Withrington

Return to Surrey