Looking for musicians to recreate '59 Cliff & Drifters album

The Surrey Shadows Club welcomes everyone to their musical evenings, whether you sing, play guitar, bass, keyboards or drums. We have a full backline sponsored by Breakthru', our resident backing band for the meetings.

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Looking for musicians to recreate '59 Cliff & Drifters album

Postby JetBlack » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:28 pm

Hello folks
New member (but experienced bass player) here looking for the impossible.

I would like to get together with a vocalist, two guitarists and drummer to form a gigging band that initially plays all the tracks from the first Cliff album. (Apron Strings, Move it, Whole Lotta Shaking, Drifting, Jet Black, etc, etc.) Later we could add early shadows instrumentals to the repertoire like Guitar Boogie Shuffle, FBI, Shazam, Sleepwalk, Find me a Golden Street and others like those.

I would prefer to be Surrey based but will travel further for the right situation.

I have Fender Jazz Bass, Trace Elliot SMC 715 GP7 150W Bass Amp & transport. (AND no wife & kids to hold me back, lol)

Any ideas, suggestions or takers, please contact me.

JetBlack
JetBlack

Re: Looking for musicians to recreate '59 Cliff & Drifters a

Postby Bob Withrington » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:01 am

Hi Brian,

Terry Bryant from the Sussex Shadows Club gave me a "heads up" regarding your postings. We have alot of such players attending our monthly meetings so why not come along and see. Our next meeting will be on Friday 18th October where the backing band will be The Silver Shadows who play many of the numbers you mention. Terry Bryant, who plays great lead guitar for these songs, is also hoping to get along.

Cheers,

Bob Withrington
on beahalf of SSC Management Team
Bob Withrington

Postby JetBlack » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks for the invite Bob (Withrington)

I will do my best to get to the meeting on Friday 18th

This site is a great resource of memories and facts and I am glad to have joined it

All the best

Brian aka Jet Black
JetBlack

Postby Bob Withrington » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:01 am

Hi Brian,

We look forward to welcoming you to the Surrey Shadows Club next Friday. I shall not be there myself as, together with our regular club band Breakthru, we shall be in France playing at the Ch'tishads 2013 event next weekend. This is an annual Shadows Music concert organisied by Shadowmaniacs France, with whom we are twinned.

Cheers,

Bob, Bruce & Mike (SSC Management Team)
Bob Withrington

Postby Bob Withrington » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:27 pm

Hi Brian,

I hear from Mike & Bruce that you enjoyed your first visit to the Surrey Shadows Club last Friday. Hopefully I'll get to meet up with you at our November 15th meeting.

Cheers,

Bob
Bob Withrington

Postby JetBlack » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi Bob

Many thanks.

It was a great evening indeed and I shall be at the next one as long as I am not working away.

All the best

Brian aka JetBlack
JetBlack

Return to Surrey