We're on the road again

No longer meeting

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, JimN

We're on the road again

Postby David JM » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:36 pm

Well, a reliable bird tells me that we no longer meet at The Billabong.

The day has changed, too.

So, on Thursday March 4th, we're at Temple Farm Working Men's Club, Cedar Road, Strood. (Chain your wheels onto the car when you park it).

And the first Thursday of the month thereafter.

The beer should be cheaper, although that will be offset by the extra fuel getting there - but when did you last hear me complain about anything ??

:lol:

Mind you, at this rate, come next November, we might be playing at the O2.............

See you there (Strood. Where else did you think I meant?)

David JM
David JM

Re: We're on the road again

Postby Santoinetwo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm Not that happy about chain the wheels up comment ! I lived in Strood for fifteen years and never stole anyone's wheel. Honestly of all the times I have played at 'Temple Farm' I have never had any problems there. Talk about scare the members away......
Santoinetwo

Full Real Name: Anthony Richard Spendlove

Postby marvwelch » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:00 am

HI All . David , I dont understand this message ?. Would this not have come from the great duo themselves ?. James and Spencer ?. Would be good to get an attendance in wherever it is . lol. Take care . Ron
marvwelch

Postby David JM » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:00 pm

It was my sense of humour !! :evil:

I'd heard on good authority, immediately following the February meeting, that we weren't meeting at The Billabong any more.

No reason given - just up-sticks and away. No consultation. No warning.

Not having heard anything positive from JN (on holiday, maybe?), I thought I'd stick in my two penn'orth.

Antoine has (possibly ?) taken offence, but none was intended.

I was born and bred on Sheppey, and the scathing p***-taking remarks that follow any confession to that effect would curl hair.

But I'm not bothered - we Swampies have thick skins. No eyelashes, perhaps, but we sport a fine set of webbed fingers. And the gene pool is very finely balanced :lol:

Maybe that's why we play such fine guitar - "Deliverance2" here we come. (Joke.......).

Cedar Road is not far from Darnley Road, which unfortunately doesn't enjoy the best of reputations - but there are similar areas in every town or city. It's nothing unusual.......... Hence my comment about wheels and chains.

Spencer telephoned me last week to confirm the new venue - so it is official - just not posted as yet.

From my own perspective, the journey is getting longer and longer - can I claim fuel costs on expenses??

That's another little joke - mustn't upset the politicians - ooh, there's another little quip.

I'll keep writing like this until someone spots that I have a strange sense of humour.

Shouldn't take long......... I look forward to the next episode.

David JM
David JM

Postby LONGPLAYER09 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:42 pm

Them's that were present on Feb 8th were told of the new venue by both Spence & Jim. Agree strange why no posting has been made by themselves. Snow on the wires perhaps?
mick
LONGPLAYER09

Full Real Name: Mick Annis

Postby JimN » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:16 pm

An announcement will be made shortly.

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby Pete P » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:21 pm

Let us hope that no one comes up up with the "expenses", sometimes a funny sense of humour can be confused with bad taste.
Pete P

Return to ShadowMusic South-East (SMSE)