SMSE (Kent) and the Billabong

No longer meeting

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, JimN

SMSE (Kent) and the Billabong

Postby JimN » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:21 am

Hi, folks, please don't forget about SMSE's new home at the Billabong in Victoria Street, Rochester.

Next meeting of ShadowMusic South-East: Monday 12th October 2009.

Yes, it's a few weeks away, but if you need your fix of Shads music in the meantime, don't forget that there is the Surrey club at Hersham (nr Walton on Thames) and much nearer to home, the Dartford club at the Dartford WMC, Essex Road, in the middle of that semi-legendary Shads-related town. As a matter of fact, the Surrey meeting is tonight (Friday 18th Sept). I think the Dartford meet is next week.

But... are you a Shads fan with a parallel penchant for the rest of the music of the 1960s? If so, you may well be interested in a new monthly music/jam night starting at the Billabong. The Sixties Night will be held on the fourth Monday of every month (two weeks after SMSE), at the Billabong. There'll be a houseband of sorts to kick things off (you never know, you might see a couple of SMSE members playing in it) and there will be the ever-present opportunity to join in (bring your mates or just take over on one of the instruments) on guitar, bass, drums or vocals. You can even play sax or keyboards (if you bring your own gear!). So - want to play a bit of Beatles, Hollies, Stones, Adam Faith, Freddy & The Dreamers or John Barry Seven (etc)? This venture is looking good and I hope that SMSE folks will consider giving it their support. £2 entry in order to pay for PA hire (the PA at the Billabong is superb). First meeting for the Sixties Night: Monday 28th September.

But getting back to normal SMSE business, we meet on the second Monday of the month at the Billabong (I'll soon put a map near here).

19:30 start (if we can) and it's £2 per head entry to cover costs.

Hope to see you all at one or more of the nights mentioned above (sorry, I can't be at Surrey tonight).

Best wishes,

JimN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Re: SMSE (Kent) and the Billabong

Postby David Martin » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:37 am

Where is the Billabong? (and if anyone says under the shade of a koolibar tree... :twisted: )
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby Santoinetwo » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:25 pm

Hi 'Jim' Just a quick question if I may, That Sunday charity event we did, I still cannot find the link to listen to our super fast set ! I know it says highlights but when you click there seems to be no link as such. Also I would like CD of that as I thought we sounded good.
Santoinetwo

Full Real Name: Anthony Richard Spendlove

Postby JimN » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:13 pm

David,

I've given the whereabouts of The Billabong in another posting.

Antoine:

You can get a CD for £2 to the charity.

See you soon,

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Return to ShadowMusic South-East (SMSE)