Fender G-DEC 3

No longer meeting

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, JimN

Fender G-DEC 3

Postby geoff1711 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:40 pm

Blimey it's quiet on here, I remember the days when posts were flying about all over the place every few minutes, am I missing an area?

Anyway to business, is anybody using the Fender G-DEC 3? if so does anybody do SD cards programmed with tracks and echoes etc?

I bought one of these around 3 months ago and it seems the answer to a lot of peopls home Shad style playing, for those who don't know you save an amp model, effects chain and MP3, WAV, MIDI backing track to 1 of 100 slots and then when you call up that slot, either on the amp or floor board, it's all there ready to go.

The 15 watt can output via headphone out to a PA but the slightly larger 30 watt has dedicated line output and the option to take guitar out of the line so that the PA is playing backing tracks and the guitar amp the guitar.

As with most modelling amps they tend to the dirty for their models but there are some clean models and some of the others based on VOX tend to be roughly how they would have sounded cranked up on stage, before the days of heavy distortion.

There is a lot of deep editing facility via a computer, which got me wondering if those who can get their heads round such things had looked at these and offered their services - for a fee of course.

regards to all

Geoff M
geoff1711

Return to ShadowMusic South-East (SMSE)