SMSE May meet - Wed 4th - AND A REQUEST re BASS

No longer meeting

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, JimN

Re: SMSE May meet - Wed 4th - AND A REQUEST re BASS

Postby dograven » Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 am

All
Thanks to all the members who attended last nights SMSE monthly meeting as you made me feel very welcome, I will look forward to attending again perhaps next time with my guitar?
Kind Regards

Edward Spencer
dograven

Postby geoff1711 » Thu May 05, 2011 6:39 pm

I'll second that, first time I've been for a while, last time was in Gillingham so it could be a couple of years, but it was good to see the regular (nearly said old!) faces and some new ones.

Well done to all those who played, it's much harder to stand up in front of people who know every note and play against backing tracks than it is with a full band and busk out good old pub rock.

So see you next month and if anybody is interested I'll bring along my G-DEC and you can hear what it does.

Cheers

Geoff M
geoff1711

Postby JimN » Fri May 06, 2011 4:53 pm

It was a great night on Wednesday, with the attendance of our newest member "dograven" (see above) and also because of the return of Geoff 1711, Dave and June Mitchell and Ron Wood.

Our best wishes go in particular to Ron and June, who haven't had such a good time of it in recent months.

Many thanks also to John Butler for bringing along his bass guitar and amp; this enabled Dave the drummer to have a go playing his drum (in the singular on this occasion). Maybe in a future month we'll be able to feature a full line-up (not something we've often done at SMSE, though it has happened from time to time).

Best wishes and see you all in June,

JimN and Spencer S
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Previous

Return to ShadowMusic South-East (SMSE)