Fender Super Champ XD - what do you think of it so far?

No longer meeting

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, JimN

Re: Fender Super Champ XD - what do you think of it so far?

Postby JimN » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:08 pm

Terry,

Please feel entirely free to try out a Super Champ XD in ideal conditions at SMSE!

Our next meeting is a week on Monday (9th November) at the Billabong Bar in Rochester. PM me for directions, etc...

Best wishes,

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Re: Fender Super Champ XD - what do you think of it so far?

Postby tony parnham » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi Terry,
If you are playing at low volume you do well to be cautious. I had an XD in my room for a while, overall great amp etc etc but at low volume in my opinion it was trebly and lacks the mid eq. Low volume and i mean low means thinner bodied sound and obviously not getting the best out of any amp. I have a Line 6 micro spider at really low volume so as not to bother 'er indoors' but unlike the Vox DA5 ( which I've had) it has Bass-Mid-Treble plus Channel volume so its EQ versatility suits me. People may laugh and when I went into the shop to look at it with all the other amps it looked pathetic and I felt like a fanboy trying it out. But I took a chance and bought it and have had it for over a year now. I'm not trying to sell it only to say that playing at low volume = sound quality problems.
Tony
tony parnham

Full Real Name: Tony Parnham

Previous

Return to ShadowMusic South-East (SMSE)