Club Feb 7th

Welcome to the Northern Ireland Shadows Club Forum! The Northern Ireland Shadows Club was formed recently, to get together, play music and have a great time. A coming together of music, chat and friendship.

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, des mcneill

Club Feb 7th

Postby EricB » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi Guys
Another great day day at the club again with for me the highlite of the day young Sam playing lead on Apache, (and no not just because I'm playing rhythm). Everyone played well and new faces were once again spotted, looking forward to next month. So better get practicing as the kids are starting to show us old guys up.
EricB

Re: Club Feb 7th

Postby davidturner » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:01 am

Hi Sam, Its David here, ( George Turner's son ) I am taking your advice about the youngsters taking over! I have learned 3 tunes to play on bass guitar. ( F.B.I. South of the Border, and Wonderful land ) I am just trying to get the courage to get up with yourselves. I have been practicing a lot and am now annoying the wife! I will talk to Des McNiell and see if he thinks if would be good enough to play bass in the club.
Cheers David.
davidturner

Postby EricB » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi David

Don't worry about wondering if you are good enough just grab the bull by the horns and go for it. You will get lots of encouragement from everyone at the club, especially Des, who's looking for someone to give him a break anyway. He has helped me immensly, both with my confidence and my playing, infact if it wasn't for him, Chris (keyboards), Hall(drums), Jim Tullly and loads of others I wouldn't be playing there at all. I lost confidence in my own ability and wasn't going to go back, but Des and the rest of the guys have got me back on track again. So put your name forward for those numbers at the next meeting and you will be amazed at how well you do. Look forward to seeing you there and hearing you play.

Cheers Eric
EricB

Postby bgohara » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:55 am

EricB wrote: I lost confidence in my own ability and wasn't going to go back, but Des and the rest of the guys have got me back on track again.

Cheers Eric

Eric - am glad you decided to come back - you are a very good player - and you keep us on our toes with your one liners!!
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Return to Northern Ireland Shadows Club