March Club Meeting

Welcome to the Northern Ireland Shadows Club Forum! The Northern Ireland Shadows Club was formed recently, to get together, play music and have a great time. A coming together of music, chat and friendship.

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, des mcneill

March Club Meeting

Postby EricB » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:58 am

Once again it was a pleasure to be involved in this month's club. Well done to David who conquered his fears and put in a very good 1st performance on bass, giving our leader Des a well earned rest. I hope David's wife remembers to put it on 'you tube' . Keep up the good work David, Des is counting on you (he needs his rest). Also have to mention Bernard's rendition of Zambesi which for an un-rehearsed number was extremely well played. Looking forward to next month's club as once again there was a huge variety of tunes played as is becoming the norm at the club, so I can't wait to see what turns up.
EricB

Re: March Club Meeting

Postby davidturner » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:27 pm

Hi Eric, Thanks for the kind words. I was terrified!!!!! I did miss a couple of notes due to my hands shaking, but I did enjoy it very much. I wanted to say to anyone who wants to have a go, to do it. I have found everyone at the club very supportive and friendly. A very worth while experience. I am looking forward to this month's gathering, although still nervous, I have learned two more tunes. I hope to try and play them. I am still waiting on the play list but I believe Des is on a well deserved holiday.
Thanks again, and see you soon.
davidturner

Postby bgohara » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:50 am

EricB wrote:Once again it was a pleasure to be involved in this month's club. Well done to David who conquered his fears and put in a very good 1st performance on bass, giving our leader Des a well earned rest. I hope David's wife remembers to put it on 'you tube' . Keep up the good work David, Des is counting on you (he needs his rest). Also have to mention Bernard's rendition of Zambesi which for an un-rehearsed number was extremely well played. Looking forward to next month's club as once again there was a huge variety of tunes played as is becoming the norm at the club, so I can't wait to see what turns up.

Eric - thanks for your comments - have just seen this.
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Postby EricB » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi Bernard

Thanks for your kind coments on my playing, much appreciated. Look forward to seeing you at this month's club, as you were missed last month. Keep up the good playing and see you at the club. Cheers Eric
EricB

Return to Northern Ireland Shadows Club