Northern Ireland Shadows Club

Welcome to the Northern Ireland Shadows Club Forum! The Northern Ireland Shadows Club was formed recently, to get together, play music and have a great time. A coming together of music, chat and friendship.

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, des mcneill

Northern Ireland Shadows Club

Postby des mcneill » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:33 pm

Northern Ireland Shadows Club meets normally on the 1st Sunday of each month at the Young Farmer's Club, Victoria Avenue, Newtownards, Co.Down.
The club is set up as a live playing club(no backing tracks) and has been running for seven months with a turnout of about 30 people of which on average about 18 play, all in band format. The music is mostly but not exclusively Shads. All are welcome.
Des.
des mcneill

Full Real Name: des mcneill

Re: Northern Ireland Shadows Club

Postby shadowhunters » Sun May 23, 2010 10:54 am

This club is a very, very good club. If you like listening to The Shadows music or playing it, this is the club you want. Every-one is nice and friendly, the atmosphere is great and it just a very fun club to go down to have a laugh and play (or listen) to The Shadows. :) Regards, Sam
shadowhunters

Re: Northern Ireland Shadows Club

Postby GuitarPhil » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Sam has summed it up well - a very friendly bunch of folk who make everyone feel welcome and you'll feel at home whether you just want to listen or play, whatever your skill level - Sam's is very high and mine is ... well I blame me nerves :lol:

Phil.
GuitarPhil

Full Real Name: Philip Hawthorne

Return to Northern Ireland Shadows Club