East Yorkshire Club dates 2014

Welcome to the East Yorks message board. You are most welcome to come along to our club meeting once a month please bring your Guitar nothing else needed.

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, old romantic

East Yorkshire Club dates 2014

Postby old romantic » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi all,
Here are the dates for next year's meetings in Scarborough. There may be a change occasionally should the hotel book a wedding or christening but at the moment these dates are fine.
5th January
2nd February
9th March
6th April Hull meeting
4th May
14th, 15th June GALA WEEKEND - confirmed.
6th July
7th September
5th October
2nd November
7th December.
Cheers Linda
old romantic

Full Real Name: linda harper

Re: East Yorkshire Club dates 2014

Postby rogera » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:05 am

Hello Linda & Ian - those of us from the South West are looking forward to coming up to sunny Scarborough once more.

We'll be keeping an eye out to check when the Gala dates are confirmed.

Roger
rogera

Full Real Name: Roger Allcock

Postby AlanMcKillop » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Oh well, another miss I'm afraid as I'm in Mexico :( It looks like June is now the Month (TBC), a bit later than it used to be.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby tatayplayer » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:53 am

Hi, I have just moved to this area and noticed your club dates in Scarborough, would it be possible for me to come along to one of the meetings and see what its all about ? Thanks Tatayplayer.
tatayplayer

Full Real Name: John Royal Howard

Postby old romantic » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:18 am

Hi,
Have sent you a message but just in case you don't see it before Sunday you will be very welcome. We meet at the Ambassador Hotel on the Esplanade overlooking the sea. It is just past the cliff lift that leads down to the Spa in Scarborough. Starts around 11am until 4pm which allows many of the members to travel home before it gets too late. Hope you can make it. Ladies are made most welcome too!
Regards Linda.
old romantic

Postby alanbakewell » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:43 pm

AlanMcKillop wrote:Oh well, another miss I'm afraid as I'm in Mexico :( It looks like June is now the Month (TBC), a bit later than it used to be.

Oh man, Mexico. What a drag. :lol: :lol:

You know Mrs. B. and I would be glad to drag ourselves to Mexico in your place if it helps. ( Do they allow Springers? )

You've got my number let me know.

Cheers, Alan.

P.S. Have a great one East Yorks. I'll get up there one day.
To know and have known the love of a little dog is a truly wonderful thing.
alanbakewell

Full Real Name: Alan Bakewell

Postby old romantic » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:22 am

Hi,
Have just edited the dates for this year as the April meeting will be in Hull. This is our annual visit to Hull where we take the gear etc up to Hull for the Sunday meeting. This is to allow our members who come over from Hull to bring their families to the meeting without them having to come over to Scarborough. It will be held at the usual place in Hull The Good Fellowship Inn on the Sunday starts around 11am until 4pm.
All welcome as usual
Cheers Linda
old romantic

Postby Bob Withrington » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi Linda,

Please put us down for a couple of tickets for the Gala Weekend. If it is anything like the welcome we receive at the South Yorkshire Shadows Club, we are in for a treat.

Cheers,

Bob & Charlotte Withrington

Surrey Shadows Club
Bob Withrington

Postby steve42 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:22 pm

Is the 4th May date still happening at this stage ?

Will it be in Scarborough, if so which venue ?

I hope to attend for the first time.
Can you give me an idea of what usually happens at these meets and do I have to join or subscribe to the club or anything like that

Best Regards

Steve Elliott
steve42

Postby old romantic » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi Steve,
Yes 4th May is still on. We meet at the Ambassador Hotel Scarborough on the South Cliff.
The hotel is near the cliff lift that leads down to the Spa. We meet at 11am until 4pm ish. Just turn up and you will be most welcome. If you arrive before the Sunday you can always give Ian or I a ring and we will explain what happens and guide you to the hotel. There is food, drink available and the hotel overlooks the sea. Any problems let me know. You can always send me a message and I will give you my phone number.
Cheers Linda
old romantic

Next

Return to East Yorks