Analyze the sound of the shadows ?

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Analyze the sound of the shadows ?

Postby pauldb38 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:53 pm

Many subjects on Getting that sound and i sit back in amazement at the many ways people achieve this. My question isn't how do i get that sound but more on how do i analyse the sound , i have seen many posts about echo's timing's and EQ etc is there a digital way of analyzing on a pc. Many years ago before pc's i would say use a scope or a spectrum analyzer but times have changed and technology has moved on. I keep hitting a brick wall when people say look at the examples that are out there but i don't understand fully what is in front of me. I think it would help if i could analyse music files and see where these settings come from at source it would give me a better understanding. Let me know your thoughts lets discuss. I am a Radio ham and used to build all my own kit back in the day so i understand about waveforms and frequency's etc.

Paul
pauldb38

Full Real Name: Paul Bulmer

Re: Analyze the sound of the shadows ?

Postby JimN » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:08 pm

There are various wave-editors which will allow some or all of what you suggest.

"Wave for Windows" (Turtle Beach) used to do the spectrum display, and any editor (eg, Cool Edit Pro, Audacity or Audition) will easily allow time measurement for echo repeats.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Return to How To Get "That Sound"