Zoom G3X

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, dave robinson, JimN, George Geddes

Re: Zoom G3X

Postby Ryan » 04 Sep 2014, 21:22

roger bayliss wrote:Maybe on the CD packet ?

:lol: Tried that aswell, even checked under unit itself and still can't find it. Am beginning to wander if maybe it has been accidently left out, where was it on yours?
Cheers
Ryan
Ryan

Postby dave robinson » 05 Sep 2014, 10:47

GuitarPhil wrote:A few helpful tutorials on Edit & Share on YouTube ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j6FJAqk3Ik

Thanks Phil I'll give it a look. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby roger bayliss » 05 Sep 2014, 21:59

Ryan wrote:
roger bayliss wrote:Maybe on the CD packet ?

:lol: Tried that aswell, even checked under unit itself and still can't find it. Am beginning to wander if maybe it has been accidently left out, where was it on yours?
Cheers
Ryan

Am away at present Ryan but I seem to recall a sticker on the CD Sleeve
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Postby dave robinson » 06 Sep 2014, 11:07

I don't recall being asked for any number on the Mac. It just worked when plugged in.
As for storing the patches I think I've sorted it. I wrote some more patches on another brand new machine belonging to a friend yesterday and stored them in a file on the computer.
They are still there and still on the new machine so all's well up to now. Next I will try to get those new patches on my original machine, which will show that i was successful. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dave robinson » 06 Sep 2014, 23:34

OK I've got fifteen patches that comprise of ten Shadows titles and five other sounds for general use and worked out how to get them into a file.
Anybody with a Zoom G3 or G3x is welcome to have them to try, if you like them use them and tweak if necessary. PM me with your email and I'll attempt to send them. 8-)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Ryan » 07 Sep 2014, 13:19

dave robinson wrote:OK I've got fifteen patches that comprise of ten Shadows titles and five other sounds for general use and worked out how to get them into a file.
Anybody with a Zoom G3 or G3x is welcome to have them to try, if you like them use them and tweak if necessary. PM me with your email and I'll attempt to send them. 8-)

Hi Dave,
I'd love to try your patches, although i haven't managed to connect my G3X to the computer yet. Do you know if i can use them straight from your email?
Also i noticed the message about the Hankies being a bit thin on the ground next week, so guess i'll be going the week after, all being well.
Glad your enjoying your new guitar :D
Cheers
Ryan
Ryan

Postby Ryan » 07 Sep 2014, 13:32

roger bayliss wrote:
Am away at present Ryan but I seem to recall a sticker on the CD Sleeve

Hi Roger,
That's where i thought it would have been, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Cheers anyway, i'm gonna take it all off the computer and try reloading it all see if it does it then, failing that i'll contact where i had it from.
Cheers
Ryan
Ryan

Postby dave robinson » 07 Sep 2014, 13:40

Hi Ryan, it's no problem to send the patches to you via emai - I sent them to myself and they work straight away.If I've got your email address I'll do it now.

If you can't get any joy with it don't worry, I'll bring my G3X and the laptop along with the Vox AC-4 for Ecca to hear and I'll get your unit programmed for you, even if I have to do it by hand. Don't despair, the manual doesn't make things very clear, I was tearing my hair out and eventually figured it myself and I can show you. ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby George Lewis » 09 Sep 2014, 09:29

Hi Dave,
I don't have a G3(X) but considering it to replace the Magicstomp (echoes) and Korg AX3G (amp sims etc). My view is the less boxes (especially heavy ones), the better and if battery operated that's even better than better !

To emulate Hank's early multi-tap echoes, did you chain multiple copies of the single echo effect or combinations of the std delay effects available or, do the std Zoom multi-tap rhythms work OK ??

cheers
George
George Lewis

Postby dave robinson » 09 Sep 2014, 10:32

I don't like the multi-tap option, the taps are not workable from what I heard when I tried them. I achieved success by chaining together some of the single tap ones as well as the stereo one and the modulating one, if you get them in the right order you can get the right amount of 'wobble' on the echo signal, I find that using the modulation on the last tap works best. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

PreviousNext

Return to How To Get "That Sound"