Zoom G3X

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, dave robinson, George Geddes

Re: Zoom G3X

Postby dave robinson » 01 Sep 2014, 17:18

Ryan wrote:Thanks for that, i'll try and give it a go tomorrow. All being well, i should be going to the Hankies tomorrow, as long as i feel well enough :)

Would you try and let me know via message or on here so I don't make the 140 mile trip unnecessarily,
I'd sooner make the trip and be useful rather than just turn up and do nowt.

And . . . If we don't do it this week I'll have my new axe next week. :P
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Ryan » 01 Sep 2014, 17:30

[/quote

Would you try and let me know via message or on here so I don't make the 140 mile trip unnecessarily,
I'd sooner make the trip and be useful rather than just turn up and do nowt.

And . . . If we don't do it this week I'll have my new axe next week. :P[/quote]

I tell you what then, why don't we make it next week? and i can have a look at your new axe then :lol: I've just had a look at the link Roger posted of the review of the guitar you've ordered, Is it the trans red Fiorano? Very smart looking guitar.
Plus It will give me more time to play with my new pedal aswell then.
Cheers
Ryan
Ryan

Postby dave robinson » 01 Sep 2014, 17:40

Well if my mate Steve is up for it I still may come tomorrow, but I'll come next week definitely. :)

I'll have time to work on some more patches too, though I could do a gig with what I have up to now.
I am genuinely excited about this new Zoom, I never thought I would say that !
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Ryan » 01 Sep 2014, 17:45

Good on you, I can't wait to get my head around mine and start using it properly.
See you soon
Ryan
Ryan

Postby Twang46 » 01 Sep 2014, 17:47

Is it worth paying the extra few £'s for the "X" version, is the pedal really useful or just an extra that can be done without missing out on anything important ?

Cheers

Dick.
Twang46

Postby Ryan » 01 Sep 2014, 18:13

Twang46 wrote:Is it worth paying the extra few £'s for the "X" version, is the pedal really useful or just an extra that can be done without missing out on anything important ?

Cheers

Dick.

Hi Dick,
I've just had a look at the zoom G3, cheapest i could find it was £89 + £7.95 p&p, then it said you needed to add the FP02 expression pedal to it if you wanted to use that. The cheapest i found these was Ebay ranging between £30-£35 new. I paid £130 for the zoom G3X, with free p&P from soundslive, came the next day aswell so fast delivery. I believe it was worth the extra £10 to have it all in 1 system for neatness. I'm sure there will be a song you will want to play, where this will come into it's own use, and kick yourself for not having the pedal on it already. I'm still working mine out so can't comment strongly on the full capabilities of it, but it is a well constructed and robust effects pedal to me. Hope this helps
Ryan
Ryan

Postby dave robinson » 01 Sep 2014, 18:13

Is it worth putting a set of strings on a guitar ?
Do you really need to ask ? ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Twang46 » 01 Sep 2014, 18:56

dave robinson wrote:Is it worth putting a set of strings on a guitar ?
Do you really need to ask ? ;)

You could be right there Dave, but as I have a Zoom "2" & "7" both with pedals & can't remember when I last used the pedal for anything more than just playing around with it to see what it would do was why I asked the question

The £98 delivered price you saw will do for me Ryan, I haven't bought anything this month so I'll probably just get one of those unless I come across the pedal version at a good price ;)
If I ever do need a pedal to wah wah or whatever you call it, there's always the Cry Baby sitting in the cupboard 8-)

Cheers

Dick.
Twang46

Postby dave robinson » 01 Sep 2014, 19:06

OK Dick point taken. I use my pedal a lot. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Ryan » 01 Sep 2014, 19:08

http://www.thomann.de/gb/zoom_g3.htm
This is where i saw the G3, it's a company in Germany i think. Was actually £86.25 and not £89, sorry looked at a few. You may get it cheaper if you have a look around further, mine was a quick search, Good Luck and enjoy
Ryan
Ryan

PreviousNext

Return to How To Get "That Sound"