Zoom G3X

Loads of accumulated experience

Re: Zoom G3X

Postby dave robinson » 01 Sep 2014, 19:15

Ryan wrote:http://www.thomann.de/gb/zoom_g3.htm
This is where i saw the G3, it's a company in Germany i think. Was actually £86.25 and not £89, sorry looked at a few. You may get it cheaper if you have a look around further, mine was a quick search, Good Luck and enjoy
Ryan

That's where I got my new axe from. 8-)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dave robinson » 01 Sep 2014, 19:38

The Thomann price is not inclusive of shipping. I don't know what they would charge but Soundslive have it in at
£111 inc postage. Check it out on Google. 8-)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Twang46 » 02 Sep 2014, 00:59

Found a G3 at Thomann for £94 delivered. They also do a "B" stock version for £86 . Both with 3 year warranty & 30 day money back deal.

Is it correct that there has been a revision since the G3 was launched or is it only a software update ?

Dick.
Twang46

Postby dave robinson » 02 Sep 2014, 01:08

A grey area for me this, but originally you could use three stomp boxes (effects) together, but on the later one like my own, there's the facility to use six. You can't see them all together on the display, there are three to view, but you can scroll from side to side and view and edit all six if you choose to use them all. I don't know when the update was made so it's a chance you take when buying. I don't know either whether it's an update of the software that has given the wider range.
You could send them a message and ask if it's the latest model. :idea:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Twang46 » 02 Sep 2014, 01:17

Thanks Dave

Be safest to buy the current model then, but an email first costs nothing 8-)

Dick.
Twang46

Postby Twang46 » 02 Sep 2014, 01:27

Wow ! almost instant response

It's a software upgrade currently at version 2.1, amongst other things allows up to 6 "stomps" as opposed to the original 3.

Dick.
Twang46

Postby GuitarPhil » 02 Sep 2014, 01:59

Dick, I used to have a G2.1 (now sold to my mate who loves it) and you could assign the pedal to several different functions (not all at the same time, of course) including volume and wah. The mate loves the volume pedal :D

I would assume (oh, oh ;) ) that you can do likewise with the G3X
GuitarPhil

Postby dave robinson » 02 Sep 2014, 09:15

GuitarPhil wrote:Dick, I used to have a G2.1 (now sold to my mate who loves it) and you could assign the pedal to several different functions (not all at the same time, of course) including volume and wah. The mate loves the volume pedal :D

I would assume (oh, oh ;) ) that you can do likewise with the G3X

Yes that's how it works, I find the pedal very useful as I do numbers that require a swell pedal and sometimes a cry baby or wah wah pedal - they are all in there !
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Twang46 » 02 Sep 2014, 11:04

It's really "horses for courses" with me for the expression pedal.

I personally don't really have a use for one but am not disputing it's usefulness to those (like Dave for example) who play a variety of different types of music

The G3 will be to replace my G7 box & to be used on the desk top mainly for playing around with recordings at home as I use the G2.1Nu on the odd time nowadays I get out to play in the local pubs.

Dick.
Twang46

Postby dave robinson » 02 Sep 2014, 17:26

Just had a catastrophe, all my patches have disappeared on my ZoomG3x since I had believed they were saved but all I have is the factory settings GRRRRR ! I need to find out what I did wrong.
Consequently I will not make the Hankies tonight as I was going to show everyone, but I have decided to do it all again as I'm on my own with some peace & quiet. The good thing is once you've programmed one of these, you'll alway be able to do it again but faster. I've already arranged to be at the Hankies next week so I'll bring it then, along with my new guitar. Have a good one tonight chaps. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

PreviousNext

Return to How To Get "That Sound"