Zoom G3X

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, dave robinson, George Geddes

Re: Zoom G3X

Postby dave robinson » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:23 pm

All back to normal with the patches now, just had an hours blast, I love having the place to myself. :D
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:19 am

Dave

Hankies will be a bit thin on the ground next week as a number of us are away on holidays so maybe you want to leave it till later on.
Best backing up your Zoom patches to your computer via the editor software supplied .
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby dave robinson » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:27 am

OK Roger noted, I'll have to let Ryan know.
I did try to back them up on the computer with the Edit & Share software that I downloaded, but when I switched on today they had disappeared.
I didn't attempt to load that disc that comes with it because it looks like another recording programme and I use Logic Pro and didn't want a conflict. Is it safe ?
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:20 am

Yeah it is Cubase LE it is OK and will not interfere at all but I use Audition mainly and I do not think you have to install it. You can get the latest versions off the Zoom site separately if that suits you better Dave.
roger bayliss

Postby dave robinson » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:46 am

roger bayliss wrote:Yeah it is Cubase LE it is OK and will not interfere at all but I use Audition mainly and I do not think you have to install it. You can get the latest versions off the Zoom site separately if that suits you better Dave.

On my bundled disc it says 'Sequel LE' , no mention of Cubase. Will that let me save my patches Roger, I'm confused. :?
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:47 am

You use the Edit &Share Software for saving patches and setlists Dave ... yes Sequel LE is the Studio software. Apart from those you need to install the Zoom drivers as per the manual if you have not already
roger bayliss

Postby bob t » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:22 pm

Hi Dave

You only need to download the Edit & Share software off the Zoom Japan site. No need to install the recording software of the disc unless you really want it
bob t

Full Real Name: Robert Timmins

Postby dave robinson » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:42 pm

bob t wrote:Hi Dave

You only need to download the Edit & Share software off the Zoom Japan site. No need to install the recording software of the disc unless you really want it

Thanks Bob, but can you tell me how I go about saving my patches ? I thought I'd done it by highlighting each one, starting with Apache on A0, followed by Wonderful Land on A1 then hitting the STORE button . . . And so on until I did the first ten.

The problem was I couldn't see any confirmation of where they were being stored, I'm not thick, but I'm also not very good at this sort of thing and I can't seem to find any help on there. I would have expected to be able to see them in a folder down the left hand side, but I clicked on everything there was to see but nothing. HELP ! :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby GuitarPhil » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Dave, I'm not au fait with the G3X but on the G2 the Store button on the pedal just stores the edited patch in the memory of the pedal.

On the other hand, if you are referring to a Store button on the Edit & Share program (does it have one?), I'd have thought that when you pressed it, you stored a patch from your computer onto the pedal, not the other way round. This might explain why you ended up with the factory patches again, as the software would normally load these by default.
GuitarPhil

Full Real Name: Philip Hawthorne

Postby dave robinson » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Yes Phil there's a store button top right of the screen next to the ' Patch Volume' knob.
I know about the one on the pedal itself. I'm reluctant to go there again until I know what I'm doing. :|
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

PreviousNext

Return to How To Get "That Sound"