AC30 CC2 - THAT Sound

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

AC30 CC2 - THAT Sound

Postby Strummer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:19 pm

Gentlemen/Ladies

I have asked before but am still "in the desert" so to speak.

I have bought from ecca the eTap2 eccamatic echo machine, but, I STILL cannot seem to tune my AC30 CC2 in to THAT Sound. I have had advice from Members of this board before, but, for some reason although following their instructions, I cannot get THAT sound?

Is there anyone out there that HAS THAT sound and do they have experience of tuning in the AC30 CC2 please? If so could you adise me asap? I would be most grateful to you if you could. Otherwise I shall end up in the mad house at this rate! Lol!

Kind regards

Arthur/Strummer
Strummer

Re: AC30 CC2 - THAT Sound

Postby roger bayliss » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:41 pm

Never owned the CC2 but had an AC30 H2L till recently and own a Vox AC4 C! TV Ltd now. Try something simple like Peace Pipe and if you have a Top Boost use that channel and set the treble at 12 'o'clock and add a small amount of bass around 10%. Play on the neck PU and it should sound something like. To sound nearer the record though you need to add EQ to cut the bass end up to around 400Hz and add some high mids around 2Khz. There are a number of ways to do this but cheapest is with a suitable graphic EQ pedal. Wonderful land amp settings and savage are a bit more bass/ lower mids than Peace Pipe. The cut control generally is around half way or thereabouts again experiment as this affects tone. Every tune has it's settings to be worked out but this should get you moving in the right direction.

A reasonable approximation of the early sound can be obtained by turning the treble and bass to zero but once again to get closer add some EQ as above and experiment with a little gain/boost.

HTH
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby Strummer » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:06 am

roger bayliss wrote:Never owned the CC2 but had an AC30 H2L till recently and own a Vox AC4 C! TV Ltd now. Try something simple like Peace Pipe and if you have a Top Boost use that channel and set the treble at 12 'o'clock and add a small amount of bass around 10%. Play on the neck PU and it should sound something like. To sound nearer the record though you need to add EQ to cut the bass end up to around 400Hz and add some high mids around 2Khz. There are a number of ways to do this but cheapest is with a suitable graphic EQ pedal. Wonderful land amp settings and savage are a bit more bass/ lower mids than Peace Pipe. The cut control generally is around half way or thereabouts again experiment as this affects tone. Every tune has it's settings to be worked out but this should get you moving in the right direction.

A reasonable approximation of the early sound can be obtained by turning the treble and bass to zero but once again to get closer add some EQ as above and experiment with a little gain/boost.

HTH

Roger, thank you very much will have a try and see what happens. I am grateful to you for your reply.

warm regards

Arthur/Strummer
Strummer

Postby Gary Allen » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi Arthur, I tried the CC2 (we tried 3 different sets of speakers)for a while,Although it was loud and clear, I felt it had no character and no midrange,sort of spongey and lifeless.I ended up borrowing an EP booster pedal and a biyang eq pedal (cheap and cheerful and better than the Boss one)to push the mids and it made a huge difference. regards Gary
Gary Allen

Full Real Name: Gary Allen

Postby Strummer » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:57 pm

Gary Allen wrote:Hi Arthur, I tried the CC2 (we tried 3 different sets of speakers)for a while,Although it was loud and clear, I felt it had no character and no midrange,sort of spongey and lifeless.I ended up borrowing an EP booster pedal and a biyang eq pedal (cheap and cheerful and better than the Boss one)to push the mids and it made a huge difference. regards Gary

Oh? Right, thank you for that Gary. Very good to know, not sure what to do next, so am playing through one of my VOX AD30 VT's (I have two) and seeing what I can get from that. I am also looking at Boss GE10 and Boss GE-20 EQ's as i type this.

Hoping to get nearer that sound via a Graphic Equaliser?

Regards

Arthur
Strummer

Postby shadowtonio » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:35 am

hello Arthur,

You need an EQ like the boss ge-10, I myself am using the etap now with a meazzi amp, speaker
the Celestion GT75, listen to my music tracks on the etap2HW forum and tell me what you like,

thanks, tonio 8-) 8-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5cOLV_fci4
shadowtonio

Full Real Name: Tonio Kooijman

Return to How To Get "That Sound"