That sound with Fender Elite 2016?

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

That sound with Fender Elite 2016?

Postby ea7hj » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi
You may get "THAT SOUND" with a Fender Elite 2016 ?. This is my question.
I have understood that the noiseless pickups are not as bright as the FAT-50. Is this true?.

Thank you very much in avance.

Antonio
ea7hj

Full Real Name: Antonio Lopez

Re: That sound with Fender Elite 2016?

Postby dave robinson » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:06 pm

Never tried one but if they have one at our local store I'll test one out and let you know.
Is there not one near you to try ? :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby ea7hj » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:23 am

Dave I will be grateful.
I have no such luck. I live many kilometers of the place to check.
Many thanks

Anronio
ea7hj

Full Real Name: Antonio Lopez

Postby dave robinson » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:17 pm

ea7hj wrote:Dave I will be grateful.
I have no such luck. I live many kilometers of the place to check.
Many thanks

Anronio

They have two brand new ones and a second hand one in our local music store, I will be calling in this week so watch this space.

That said, I recently bought a brand new fiesta red fully loaded body (and it's the proper fiesta red similar to Hank's original - very red) from The Stratosphere on ebay and they do have another one at the moment at around £630.00. I added a neck and it plays and sounds superb, very much like the old records sound from 1960 - the pickups are Noiseless N3, the ones before the V4.
I can't recommend this enough, it makes my hair stand on end when playing those old Shadows hits, that's how close it is. Also it has S1 switching and give a completely different variety of tones as well as the classic sounds, including the Telecaster two pickups and Humbucking sound of a Gibson. 8-)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dave robinson » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:05 pm

I called into Richtone Music today and tested the Fender Elite Stratocaster, comparing it with a second hand USA Deluxe that was sitting nearby. I took my Catalinbread Echorec and was given a new Fender amp to play through which didn't give anything like the sound I was seeking, probably because it had no 'middle' control. I asked for a Vox AC-4 and immediately the sound was what we all know and love, to the extent that I acquired a small audience and some very favourable comments about the sound for what I was playing, particularly the echo. I played excerpts of Apache, Wonderful Land, Man Of Mystery, Flingel Bunt etc etc and it was there in abundance.
So the answer to the question 'Are the new 2016 Fender Elite Strats good for Shadows' is yes, I achieved the right tone without any problem, once we got the right amp in place. It sounds almost identical to the older (2000 model ) USA Deluxe which I'm used to. One thing I don't like about it is the open style truss rod adjustment nut. It is reminiscent of the ones on cheap European copies which are seen on ebay for £30.00. Other than that it's a great sounding guitar.
I hope this helps you decide what to do. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Return to How To Get "That Sound"