patches for g3x

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: patches for g3x

Postby dave robinson » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:38 pm

After all the fuss we used to make about the echo having go be 'right' I can honestly say that with the Mighty Plug Pro I could do a good Shadows set using what's available. The important thing is to get the guitar 'core' sound by using the amp models, compression & EQ bearing in mind there are a lot of different tones across the Hank repertoire and you could dial seven of them in on this device.
I'd use the reverb and one of the delays set to the most prominent 'kick' that you hear on the records with the same timing as whatever Hank had his set, at the correct level and balanced with the reverb so in the mix it would give the impression of a multitap machine if that's what it was. I've messed about with it as if that's my only option and I have had very pleasing results. If you get the tone and gain right, along with as close as possible to Hank's playing style, it does work and I'd go as far as to say I could do a pretty good job with it if I had to. A lot of the Shads hits have the echo so low that it is the reverb that makes the sound what it is, along with compression. A prime example of this is the verse part of Atlantis, though the multitap is evident on the plinky bits. If you listen to Shindig and Dance On, it's more reverb and compression that repeated echo. I always said that The Sound of The Shadows is very apparent on Move It and they are not even there at that time, nor is the Meazzi Echo or Vox Amp. It's the studio reverb that provides the magic on the lead guitar that we all love. It took me a lot of re-listening to the original tracks to realise a lot of this, but Hank's use of echo was not as pronounced as some would have you believe.I think many of us have been guilty of 'over cooking' the echo volume - me included. It's all good fun and you never stop learning. ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:19 am

Thanks Dave. Your knowledge and expertise is great to hear and learn from. I've had to break for a while due to a lot going on but am slowly getting back on the roundabout. Has anyone managed to sort out any patches yet? My limited knowledge on the techy stuff means that I am still at the experimentation stage. I know that there is a facebook page for the Mightier app but I don't do Facebook at all after hearing so much negativity and aggression on a car forum that I used to visit. I saved a couple of QR codes somewhere on my computer but need to find them again!!! Dance on!
Shadbarmy1

Full Real Name: Mike Teaman

Postby TimRyland » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:31 am

Mike,

Don’t know if you use the Mighty Amp or Mightier Amp app on your Mighty Plug. Is it the Mighty Plug Pro you have, if so Mightier Amp exposes 11 extra, hidden, amps. Two of these are the AC15 and Matchless DC30, so you now have the choice for Classic and Modern Hank tones.

Tim.
TimRyland

Full Real Name: Tim Ryland

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:29 am

TimRyland wrote:Mike,

Don’t know if you use the Mighty Amp or Mightier Amp app on your Mighty Plug. Is it the Mighty Plug Pro you have, if so Mightier Amp exposes 11 extra, hidden, amps. Two of these are the AC15 and Matchless DC30, so you now have the choice for Classic and Modern Hank tones.

Tim.

Thanks Tim. I am using Mightier with my Mighty Plug MP-2. I shall have a play with the AC15 and the DC30 and see how I get on. Much appreciated. The last Matchless that I got involved with was a motorcycle!!! :)
Shadbarmy1

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:51 pm

As per my other post, I have a G3Xn on its way to me, so some of Dave's patches would be much appreciated for when it arrives! It's supposed to be here early next week. I have no idea what is already on there but the unit was sold to me as "New" but that can mean all sorts of things on Ebay!!! Not been on for a while, due to a nasty ear infection which gave me migraine type symptoms and a case of the wobbles. No actual falling over thankfully. I tried to get a Drs appointment but I was No forty something in the queue. :roll: The following day, I rang early and was no. 11 but still got nowhere as all the "emergency appointments" had gone! :evil: (Knock on your door, ring on your bell, tap on your window too!) Luckily, my symptoms are fading, so back to usual soon hopefully! ;)

UPDATE:-
I found the zipped patches and have downloaded them to a folder on my PC. No doubt, I will need some guidance to transfer onto the unit!
Last edited by Shadbarmy1 on Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadbarmy1

Postby Teflon » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:16 pm

Shadbarmy1 wrote:As per my other post, I have a G3Xn on its way to me, so some of Dave's patches would be much appreciated for when it arrives! ..........

Here you go, just follow the link in the first post of this thread: http://shadowmusic.bdme.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18036

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:23 pm

Many thanks. Should be good to go soon! What a "Wonderful Land" we live in! "Let me be the one" to thank you. "All my Sorrows" are gone! :)
Shadbarmy1

Postby dave robinson » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:58 pm

Teflon wrote:
Shadbarmy1 wrote:As per my other post, I have a G3Xn on its way to me, so some of Dave's patches would be much appreciated for when it arrives! ..........

Here you go, just follow the link in the first post of this thread: http://shadowmusic.bdme.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=18036

Cliff

Thanks for this Cliff, it's important to help new members and point them in directions to save unnecessary expense. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Shadbarmy1 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:42 pm

dave robinson wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Cliff

Thanks for this Cliff, it's important to help new members and point them in directions to save unnecessary expense. :)

Speaking of expense, I have recently lost a very good friend ( only 50 )and shall make a donation to "Mind", as they may be able to help someone in the same predicament. I hope that is Okay with you guys.
Mike
Shadbarmy1

Postby Teflon » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:25 pm

dave robinson wrote:Thanks for this Cliff, it's important to help new members and point them in directions to save unnecessary expense. :)

The thanks are all due to you Dave, for creating the patches and passing them on free of charge :)

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

PreviousNext

Return to How To Get "That Sound"